Sign in to follow this  
ilovefantails

Food And A Question

hi, I'm going to get a new tank for my birthday, and its a 70litre. I'm uk so not sure how many gallons. would this be okay for my two fantails when they are fully grown? also, the bit about food. I feed just nutrafin max flakes, and im definetly going to cange their diet soon, as have done lots of research recently. If i gave a day of fasting, a day of: gel, bloodworm, nls pellets, veg(peas and maybe carrots), and flakes in a week, would that be okay for them? thanks for the help =]

I would just cut out the flakes all together. It can cause surface gulping and usually don't have many nutrients. The rest sounds good.

Also, your new tank would be slightly smaller than a 20 gallon tank. So it wouldn't be enough for your two goldfish. The smallest you would need is about 120 liters.

I would just cut out the flakes all together. It can cause surface gulping and usually don't have many nutrients. The rest sounds good.

Also, your new tank would be slightly smaller than a 20 gallon tank. So it wouldn't be enough for your two goldfish. The smallest you would need is about 120 liters.

thanks for the advice, will finish off tub of flakes... don't think my mum will let me have a tank any bigger... im pushing it to get a 70 litre... I know this sounds awful but thats the best i can do.. guess my goldies will just have to live with that :/

thanks for the advice, will finish off tub of flakes... don't think my mum will let me have a tank any bigger... im pushing it to get a 70 litre... I know this sounds awful but thats the best i can do.. guess my goldies will just have to live with that :/

In that case, perhaps you can rehome one of them? Failing that, just make sure you do 50-75% waterchanges every 3-5 days. That should help.

In that case, perhaps you can rehome one of them? Failing that, just make sure you do 50-75% waterchanges every 3-5 days. That should help.