Where To Buy Least Expensive Filters?

I am looking into used tanks and I am hoping to buy a whole set up but might have to buy separatly. I have found 75-150gal in my price range without filters and I am wondering if there is a website that has better prices where shipping still makes it a bargain? How much would it cost me for filters up to 150 gal? If I find used filters how do I find out how many gph? For that matter how do I convert tank dimensions into gallons so I don't get duped? I have noticed that wal of mart and pet of co have filters but does either or have inferior products or better prices? I was given my 25gal tank so never had to go through the process of buying so I am clueless on these things. Oh, and one add said it had a sump...I don't get it. Also, for the 150 gal, could I use my solid wood dresser as a stand, or would it be too much weight for it to handle? I thought it might be a cool place to put it. Where do I get pure ammonia? Tahnx for all your help!

No to the dresser. Your tank could weight about 1500 pounds. Do you want to risk that on a dresser?

For your tank I would go with aquaclear 110s. Three of them will get you to your 10x gph. You can get them cheaper off ebay. You definitely want to go with the biggest filters possible so you don't have to make adjustments to add on another or buy a canister.

You can find the gallons by measuring the l x w x h and using a converter online.

And pure ammonia from your hardware store.

I would get biowheel 400. Three of them should do the job. Nice filters. Best/cheapest place to get them in bigals online.

As above poster said no to the dresser.

If you're on a tight budget you could check craigslist for used filters. I got two of my three filters for $10 bucks. (one came with a 55g tank and stand for $40 for it all). I have an Emperor Bio-wheel that I got for $10. Just make sure you clean them really well and you should be good to go. :)