"blue" Feeder Fish?

Kerstin

Just had to buy some pet food and of course couldn't resist looking at all the gf. And there in the feeder tank was a really cute steel gray comet (at least I think it was a comet, kind of looked like a common/fan tail cross). It was so pretty. Are those pretty common? I've never seen one that color before...

I'm scared to get another fish after what happened with the last one, but then again Peter and Paul/ine have been with me for 1 year already...

That's an interesting color. I haven't seen them like that. And he was blue, not "green"? You know, considering you are gonna have your pond up soon, why not get him? You already got the big QT tub that you had for the big white comet, that should work until the pond is done. And the feeder is not like he's gonna cost you a boat load of money, even if he won't make it

That's an interesting color. I haven't seen them like that. And he was blue, not "green"? You know, considering you are gonna have your pond up soon, why not get him? You already got the big QT tub that you had for the big white comet, that should work until the pond is done. And the feeder is not like he's gonna cost you a boat load of money, even if he won't make it

He's definitely not green, but like steel gray. He's 23 cents, but it's such a heart ache if something happens to them. But I think I might have to get him... at least he wont be someones dinner...

-- ENABLING MODE ENABLED --

Yeah, that's what I mean. You liked him, you are planning a pond, and otherwise he will either be eaten, die in the LFS' tank of bad conditions, or die in some little kid's goldfish bowl.

So even if he dies in your care, he most likely will have a much better life than any other way. Even if it is a short one. :)

-- ENABLING MODE ENABLED --

Yeah, that's what I mean. You liked him, you are planning a pond, and otherwise he will either be eaten, die in the LFS' tank of bad conditions, or die in some little kid's goldfish bowl.

So even if he dies in your care, he most likely will have a much better life than any other way. Even if it is a short one. :)

Thank you, Thank you. You are a really good enabler. :D

If the only reason you might not get the interesting feeder is because that feeder might die, I say go for it.

If you have no where to quarantine this new goldie, then I'd reconsider.

Edited by Au-fish

If the only reason you might not get the interesting feeder is because that feeder might die, I say go for it.

If you have no where to quarantine this new goldie, then I'd reconsider.

I have a 15 g tub with filter...

Well, if it's still there tomorrow I think I might get it....

I had a common gf as a kid who was more of a blue than silver. He eventually turned orange.

I think I can detect a tiny bit of orange on this one, too, but at least he'll be "blue" for a little while. Got him this morning with a little buddy that also swam into the net... They're both like 1 1/2 inches.

I can just hear them talking in the feeder tank: "Here's that lady again. She keeps looking at us...I think I heard her mention a pond." "Oh, here comes the net...swim into it...swim into it...She's going to take us to a POND!!!"

Very lucky fish. I hope they make it through qt.

mj

I can just hear them talking in the feeder tank: "Here's that lady again. She keeps looking at us...I think I heard her mention a pond." "Oh, here comes the net...swim into it...swim into it...She's going to take us to a POND!!!"

mj

lol

Thanks mj, I hope so, too... They look really healthy, eventhough they are tiny. They make that 15G tub look like Buckingham Palace. lol

Just had to buy some pet food and of course couldn't resist looking at all the gf. And there in the feeder tank was a really cute steel gray comet (at least I think it was a comet, kind of looked like a common/fan tail cross). It was so pretty. Are those pretty common? I've never seen one that color before...

I'm scared to get another fish after what happened with the last one, but then again Peter and Paul/ine have been with me for 1 year already...

All of my pond fish are "Feeder fish" rescued from "Death Row" ... now you have me excited to go to my "LFS" to look for an unique colored fish like that ... thanks for sharing ...

washingtongoldfish .... tom

mj

:exactly

All of my pond fish are "Feeder fish" rescued from "Death Row" ... now you have me excited to go to my "LFS" to look for an unique colored fish like that ... thanks for sharing ...

I think there are "gems' among the feeder fish to be found if you look.I've never seen another one like my Bromley.

I think that's what I'm going to do for my pond, too. There are some really pretty ones out there. My two tiny guys are swimming around happy as clams right now. I wish I could find my camera and post some photos...

me too! :) Am intruiged (sp?) by the color.....what's the newest news on the pond front?

The pond is still in the works. Now that the weather is better it should be done soon.

me too! :) Am intruiged (sp?) by the color.....what's the newest news on the pond front?

The pond is still in the works. Now that the weather is better it should be done soon.

yahoo! good luck!