Daredevil Danios?

Pontosfan

So, the last few nights I've been hearing some prtty strange noises from one of my tanks. And now I've finally found out what is making it: my danios are chasing each other and the chaser is forcing the chased against the vent bit on the filter. The chase-ee is then struggling up and out of the way, making the strange noise. Now, I know my danios have been fighting and that's to be expected: they've just changed tanks. But this seems a little extreme (plus it's waking me up! :madrant ); is there anything I can do, or should i just leave them to it?

How many do you have? I am thinking you dont have enough. I have 7 and they do chase each other but then one swims by and destracts the chaser. Also have big is this tank?

5 (although i think one might be a zebra barb) and 33 L. I know it's normal for danios to get agressive when they change tanks, and i know that eventually they settle down, but i'm just slightly owrried they may settle down when it's to late.

Tank is really to small for them. They need at least a 20 gallon. Maybe add some things to make them have to make more turns? Or rehome then and get something that well do better in such a small tank. Like maybe a betta?

Good Luck