How To Tell If An Egg Is Fertilized.

Vee

Thanks Koko... The two that are left alive seem to be doing really well. They always swim around really strongly. I wonder what happened that they all died if the two are so healthy..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweetie ..so sorry about the fry ..........Im glad you still have two, I am hoping they make it!!

Fry raising is a very tricky thing in tanks.

It's kind of.. unnerving now that there are only two in the tank. They are so hard to see, now, compared to all of them before..

I think the two seem to be okay, still.. They're swimming, and for what I can tell I think they're eating. Still tryin' to hang in there. th23_29_107v.gif

I had to cull one of them, he had a U shaped back and was not swimming correctly...

Both of the fry have died, now.. :( I went and checked on them, went downstairs to clean up, went back up and they were floaters. Maybe I was changing too much of the water? I never took out/put in more than what I needed to clean up the bottom... I think I'll wait a while before I attempt to raise some fry again. Maybe next time I'll try and get a heater that actually CAN hold a temperature higher than 70'..

I am quite sure you will have another chance. I lost my whole first batch too....long before I came to Kokos. It was heartbreaking. I am sorry!

Next time you will be ready. You cannot move fry at all, they are sensitive to any kind of even tiny movement. This is why the sponge filter isnt added for a few days.Their backs are broken by water changes or being moved. The only safe time to move them is when they are still in their eggsacs.

I wish you lots of luck for the next time hun :heart

Thanks Trinket. :(:heart

I'm sure in time things will be okay..

At least now I have tons of information on how to raise fry eventually. :)

• Admin

Im sorry hun... You know the two batches of Fry i had... I got one fish out of it, then she grew to fast and to tall and got SBD in her 2nd year I had her... it was so bad i had to put her down :(

I feel you hun. :hug