Sign in to follow this  
dogsbykat

My Babies New Favorite....mmmmmmm :)

I ordered some Hikari Gold baby pellets a while ago and my goldies are all hooked :druel They love all of their foods, but this one gets a crazy reaction, the tank floors are sucked clean instantly :yikes If I followed the rule of feed what they can eat in 2 min, I would have to put them on Biggest Loser next season :tomuch:

I honestly thought this was a thread about cheesecake! :rofl You got me all excited!

My guys loooove all food lol They don't know the difference between the gold and the lionhead. But I doubt they have it in their mouth long enough to taste it :rofl

They seriously like this stuff more than their shrimp and bloodworms, they are like little sharks :rofl

sir loyn floats on it :( i had to ship mine off to migaloo because it caused him huge problems and with only the one tank (i'm very diciplined) it's impossible to seperate him whilst feeding the rest. but, i tell you what.. he loved every gobble of it he got.. never refused it.. it was one of his favourite foods.

so now, i can only feed freshly made foods. (not even pre frozen :( )

While it makes a lot more work, I really agree that homemade is best :thumb: I'm planning to try a gel recipe one of these days :)

Gel food is so easy to make, and inexpensive considering the amount the recipes make. I made my first batch recently and Boog & Sherbet LOVE it, and really look even better than ever since feeding it. I still give Saki Hikari, Ocean One veggies pellets and frozen bloodworms 2-3 times/week, and other veggies treats.

That is great that they love it! But like you said too, gel food is easy. They just need a bigger amount of food then considering the pellets being concentrated nutrition. Like in the big tank I feed a junk of about 1 inch x 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch two to three times a day. Frozen food and veggies are in ADDITION to it, because all this food contains so much more moisture than pellets.

And my water params are still great in the overstocked tank, and none of the fish got unnaturally fat either.

Very good to hear. :) I think that this is the only Hikari goldfish food that I haven't tried. I mostly give my boys sinking food, but they do love the Oranda Gold, so I will try this one. Koko taught me to always taste test goldfish food, so I will see how I like it, Pro-Gold is my all time fav, yum! ;)

Fffff! :tomuch: No way you really taste the food!

I make my own gel food and the smell makes me wanna puke, but the goldies vacuum the floor for it! No way would I try it!

Now that I am making my own gel food, I really prefer to feed them that. However, since I have all these pellet foods left, I'm going to crush them and mix them into my gel food batches.

I make my own gel food and the smell makes me wanna puke, but the goldies vacuum the floor for it! No way would I try it!

No really.:D My fish always give me this look, like "We saw an 8oz. bag...what happened to the other 2 ounces??" I'll have you know that I have had many compliments on my complexion as of late.

No really.:D My fish always give me this look, like "We saw an 8oz. bag...what happened to the other 2 ounces??" I'll have you know that I have had many compliments on my complexion as of late.

:rofl

NO WAY!!!!

:rofl :rofl

:lol

But have you also noticed a slight orange tinge to your skin??

:ignore

But have you also noticed a slight orange tinge to your skin??

:ignore

Um, I thought that was because of um, all the carrots. Yup, carrots.