Say Hello To Sakana

Pontosfan

Just got him today, hope you like :)

Sakana04110211.jpg

Sakana05110211.jpg

Sakana01110211.jpg

And this is the tank he's living in which I set up about a week ago.

SmallTankSetUp01.jpg

It was quite refreshing that all the bettas in the shop were kept in reasonably sized tanks rather than little jars.

Pwetty!! I really want a betta. I had wanted to put one in my 10 gallon tank. But my mom said I didn't need any more fish to care for. ...yet she just bought me 4 mollies... o.o;;;;

ANYWAY. Gorgeous guy you have there!!! :heart

Thanks guys. :)

I am a little worried, I've not seen him eat yet, but I went back to the shop yesterday and he said he's probably just settling in. He seems alright and active enough though, so I'm not going to red alert just yet.

Love his color and long fins! Some of my bettas didn't eat for a couple days after I got them either. Sometimes they are settling in and in one case he didn't like any of the food I had so had to try different things. And don't worry about a few days of not eating cause I had an older one that stopped eating and he lived for almost a month!

Love his color and long fins! Some of my bettas didn't eat for a couple days after I got them either. Sometimes they are settling in and in one case he didn't like any of the food I had so had to try different things. And don't worry about a few days of not eating cause I had an older one that stopped eating and he lived for almost a month!

Thanks, that really puts my mind at ease. :)

:Congrats: with the :newfish

I have no betta experience, but I think that once a week is not enough. Maybe with enough hunger he will try (and like) his pellets?

Edited by Quasi

Well, it was flakes that he was eating in the shop (i went back and asked) and even bought the same brand. :\ I'll try some goldie food tomorrow.

We had a butterfly fish not that long ago with whom we tried everything; flake, blood worm, daphnea (live and frozen) pellets. It was so stubborn it starved itself to death! :( I just doin;t want that to happen again.

Yeeeah, Beta fish don't take to flake food too well. They get this "You want me to eat THAT?!" kind of look on their faces. Mine all ate the pellets, seemed the smellier the better. I had some that were like semi-moist pellets that stunk to high heaven and my betas ate them like candy.

LOVE that root decoration! Where did you get it? I think my gourami would like hiding in something like that.

Love his brilliant red color. I've read that it can be hard to get them to eat...maybe they are the picky eaters of the fish world? (unlike some other types of fish that I could name.) :ignore