Sign in to follow this  
tehminion

Hikari Freeze Dried Brine Shrimp.

Just picked up a can of this and I just wanted to make sure this is safe for my fish? Anyone ever had any problems with it in the past? I am a little hesitant to feed my fish hikari products because of past problems causing floating. Thanks for any and all info. :)

http://tinyurl.com/63e5q3f here is a picture of the can.

This too will likely cause floaty problems, or basically anything freeze dried.

Hikari products are great but freeze dried anything really isn't a good choice for the fish like Ashlee said. In addition to that it's a mess. LOL

Ah alright, I kinda figured it wouldn't be good haha. I'd rather have gotten the frozen stuff but my LFS doesn't carry it :( Looks like its back to the pet store it goes. Thanks for the infos Ashlee, Haruka. :)

i use dried bloodworms for my bettas and tropical tank.. no issues here :S with the exception with one fish that got greedy and faced the consequences. XD aside from that. the dried stuff was never an issue, less of a chance of getting parasites too.

I had the same problem, although it wasn't Hikari brand, the freeze dried blood worms I fed made Vanille very floaty. I tossed them right that night.

Maybe there is another LFS a bit further away and you go there and stock up on frozen foods for the fish. Just take a little cooler box with you if you have to. Or, with the current temperatures, just keep it in the trunk or tape it to your roof :yeah:

Also, Tonberry FTW.

Yeah when I was picking out this stuff I slightly remembered about how the freeze dried stuff was bad for them. Figured id give it a shot and see :D Was looken at the blood worms too, ended up going with the brine shrimp haha. Glad I asked first before trying.

I'll be heading up to the good fish store soon to pick up another fish to fill out my tank, will probably stock up on some frozen blood worms and shrimp there. Since they carry the good stuff. Little cooler box is a good idea, taping it to the roof is even better. :rofl

And thanks, I concur. Tonberry is indeed ftw :thumbs: