New Fish Still Bottom Sitting

Kerstin

oh dear :(

was she active at the store? I wonder if the listing to the side is related to flukes?

She was really active in the store almost frantic. She does not do any yawning or heavy breathing though. Would she not do that if she had flukes? She just seems reallt weak.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I would medicate your fish with some water meds. If the water smelled bad I would say bacteria...bad bacteria smell really foul. Are you able to get to a store today or do you have anything at home?

What level is the salt at now?

I think I would medicate your fish with some water meds. If the water smelled bad I would say bacteria...bad bacteria smell really foul. Are you able to get to a store today or do you have anything at home?

What level is the salt at now?

Thanks trinket . Salt level is 2 tsp per gallon, like you said. Have no meds, but can get to the store after work.

Is it a good store? If so, get hold of something called "General Cure" (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) It is basically a catch all treatment that is NOT harsh on weak fish. Some are terible harsh...it contains Metronidazole and praziquantel. The Metro is a so called antibiotic that treats for internal and external parasitic organisms depsite being antibiotic...but also works on many internal anaerobic bacteria..the prazi will kill any flukes...

Its a powder pack..easy to use and can be used with low salt too.

If that is unavailable get some "Parasite Clear" by Jungle. This also contains metro and prazi. These are the two meds ingredients you need...

Both can be used with salt, PC contains 2 farther disinfectant type meds making it a slightly stronger medication and therefore a little harsher but still less harsh than many . Both are VERY effective meds for flukes with internal bacteria (that bloat).

Is it a good store? If so, get hold of something called "General Cure" (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) It is basically a catch all treatment that is NOT harsh on weak fish. Some are terible harsh...it contains Metronidazole and praziquantel. The Metro is a so called antibiotic that treats for internal and external parasitic organisms depsite being antibiotic...but also works on many internal anaerobic bacteria..the prazi will kill any flukes...

Its a powder pack..easy to use and can be used with low salt too.

If that is unavailable get some "Parasite Clear" by Jungle. This also contains metro and prazi. These are the two meds ingredients you need...

Thanks Trinket. I'll call them right now.

She died. When I came home she was dead. :( I'm so upset right now...

Thank you guys for all your help. I think there was nothing more I could have done. At least I hope so...

oh no :( That's terrible! I should have suggested the meds right away....so hard to know how much strength is left.........I am so sorry Kerstin! :cry1

:hug Feel better!!

It's heartbreaking I know. But you did give her some nice fresh water for her last days, that was so great!!

:hug

It's heartbreaking I know. But you did give her some nice fresh water for her last days, that was so great!!

She started swimming when i tried to take her out, but she is barely alive, just floating on the side. I did a waterchange and put the meds in. This is almost worse. She is just suffering.

Which meds did you get? I dont think its worse, where there is life there is hope. And those meds work VERY fast. Please dont give up just yet.

A fish this fragile it is touch and go. Lets pray its go.

Thanks. I just sent you a message,too, so you can disregard that. I got the general cure med. Did a 60% waterchange and put the meds in and also added some salt back. Right now she is just lying on the side or floating to the top hardly breathing.

Good.

The GC is the milder of the 2.

Are you able to get a little splash on the surface without spinning her round? Even stirring water can help dissolve oxygen down which helps weak gills a lot.

Message disregarded.

Good.

The GC is the milder of the 2.

Are you able to get a little splash on the surface without spinning her round? Even stirring water can help dissolve oxygen down which helps weak gills a lot.

Message disregarded.

I have an airstone and the filter does quite a bit of splash, too.

Just splashed the water a little bit, too. You have to really stare at her to even see her breathe at all.

Edited by Kerstin

Then I would leave her. You can cover the end of the tub/tank she is in with a clean towel (I say clean in case you have an open top and the towel falls in..) so she has some shade.

I had a fish almost dead, thought he was for one week and on day 7 he ate a pea from my fingers and after that recovered. Don't give up!!

Then I would leave her. You can cover the end of the tub/tank she is in with a clean towel (I say clean in case you have an open top and the towel falls in..) so she has some shade.

I had a fish almost dead, thought he was for one week and on day 7 he ate a pea from my fingers and after that recovered. Don't give up!!

Thanks Trinket. Ok. I'll leave her like that then.