Needs Tlc, Bottom Sitting And Swimming Issues

ParadiseLost

I am not too sure if the spitting is because of taste reasons or flukes for example. I never had a healthy fish be 'picky' about food. In my experience you can feed them just about anything and they will eat it!

Maybe you should already start the prazi? I heard of fish spitting if they have heavy fluke infestations.

I started the prazi treatment today. He has taken to lying on his side, which I am quite worried about :( still breathing and wiggled around a bit earlier, but likes sitting in the corner of the tub on his side. Still not eating. Can I force feed him somehow? I'm convinced that he's weak.

oh the side thing isn't good. sorry I have no more advice to give you.

if you put the food infront of him is he interested in it?

oh the side thing isn't good. sorry I have no more advice to give you.

if you put the food infront of him is he interested in it?

He sucks it up then spits it right out again :(

Lying on side all the time, heavy breathing :(

If he is sucking up food and then spitting it out again he is going to do the same thing if you force feed him, throw it back up basically. Force feeding with a syringe can freak some fish out and push them that bit over the edge. It does sound like a heavy fluke load from getgo with the tilting and bottom sitting plus refusal to eat.

You say you have the prazi in there? It does take a little while to work.

If he is sucking up food and then spitting it out again he is going to do the same thing if you force feed him, throw it back up basically. Force feeding with a syringe can freak some fish out and push them that bit over the edge. It does sound like a heavy fluke load from getgo with the tilting and bottom sitting plus refusal to eat.

You say you have the prazi in there? It does take a little while to work.

Sadly he passed away last night while I was asleep. I had intended to try force feeding him with a syringe today but never got the chance. I took a look at him and along the bottom of his body was blood-red. I think he was really very sick, more than I had originally thought. At least he died in comfort rather than being picked on by other fish in the store.