Sign in to follow this  
waffles01

Colour Enhancing Pellets

So I recently got a black moor, and I have had no experience owning one. Will Nutrafin Max Colour Enhancing Pellets change his black colouring into orange?

I dont think there is any food well help them stay black. They just rarely stay black. That is why it is important to buy a goldfish for body shape and fins. You just never know what you well get in the long run. lol

So enjoy him while black and enjoy the fun of a new fish when he changes colors.

I dont think there is any food well help them stay black. They just rarely stay black. That is why it is important to buy a goldfish for body shape and fins. You just never know what you well get in the long run. lol

So enjoy him while black and enjoy the fun of a new fish when he changes colors.

I see, so colour change is inevitable. It's good to know that the food won't affect anything though, I might just start looking if there's any way I can buy this "Pro-Gold" food I keep on hearing about though.

The color enhancing foods primarily enhance the reds/oranges in our goldfish -- so if your moor has that underlying "bronzey" effect like most do, then yes, it could bring that out even more. As Hidr said, there's just about nothing you can do if your moor is genetically programmed to lose his/her black. But the color enhancing food could definitely speed the process of losing the black in the meantime.

The color enhancing foods primarily enhance the reds/oranges in our goldfish -- so if your moor has that underlying "bronzey" effect like most do, then yes, it could bring that out even more. As Hidr said, there's just about nothing you can do if your moor is genetically programmed to lose his/her black. But the color enhancing food could definitely speed the process of losing the black in the meantime.

I see, so it's inevtiable. But it speeds it up. (My moor does have bronze on him)