Just Got My New Fish!

Kerstin

That's an 18G tub?!?!?! She must be HUGE!!!!! :thud :thud :thud

Now that I have a ruler at hand I would say she is about 8 1/2 inches. ( I'm better with centimetres) And pretty fat.

She is gorgeous! I wouldn't worry too much about the poop. She is probably very stressed.

Thanks Ashlee. Yes probably. I'm just very much of a "worrier" (is that even a word?!)

:Congrats:

Do you have a thread on the pond construction? I'd love to read it (can't have a pond right now, but can always dream, and, live vicariously!)

Poor gal, hope she's feeling more comfortable in her temporary home!

:Congrats:

Do you have a thread on the pond construction? I'd love to read it (can't have a pond right now, but can always dream, and, live vicariously!)

Poor gal, hope she's feeling more comfortable in her temporary home!

No thread yet. I bought all the materials. It'll be an above ground pond made from railroad ties with a pondliner in it. On the internet it said it wont take longer than 2 hours to put together. I've kept the weekend open as I usually take waaaaayyy longer than those handy people on the internet. lol I'll post photos once we get started. It should end up being about 400-500 Gallons if I calculated right. So I hope she wont have to stay in the tub for more than a week... :)

That is one gorgeous fish, and so big! S/he'd make Hugo look tiny!!

Thanks Fang. Yes, she is one big girl (and a little f-a-t, but don't tell her I said so.) :D I think her body is longer than Hugo's, but Hugo makes up for it with her long flowing fins.

That is one gorgeous fish, and so big! S/he'd make Hugo look tiny!!

Thanks Fang. Yes, she is one big girl (and a little f-a-t, but don't tell her I said so.) :D I think her body is longer than Hugo's, but Hugo makes up for it with her long flowing fins.

Don't say FAT, say "big boned" or "amply proportioned" ;)

No thread yet. I bought all the materials. It'll be an above ground pond made from railroad ties with a pondliner in it. On the internet it said it wont take longer than 2 hours to put together. I've kept the weekend open as I usually take waaaaayyy longer than those handy people on the internet. lol I'll post photos once we get started. It should end up being about 400-500 Gallons if I calculated right. So I hope she wont have to stay in the tub for more than a week... :)

Good luck! I hope things go smoothly! How exciting!

:pond

Good luck! I hope things go smoothly! How exciting!

:pond

Thanks Seymoura. My amply proportioned fish needs more room . ;D