Just Got My New Fish!

Kerstin

Hi Guys,

just brought her home. She took 5 minutes to get used to the place and then decided to start begging for food. lol My kind of girl. The old man in the shop said he thinks she's about 2 years old. She's hugh. I'll post photos tomorrow. My son called her Maya. She is going to be his fish.

The shop is a little bit sad though. So many dead and dying fish. I think the old man who owns it just can't keep up with it and totally does not see well.

He was going to give me another two really big goldies for $1 each, but right now, absolutely no room. We'll have the tank finished by next week though... :-)

Anyways, should I put salt in her QT tub? Should I prazi her? It's an 18 gallon tub. She'll only be in there two weeks top, because she is definitely too big for it. She makes it look like a 5gallon...lol

Hmmmm make sure you'r doing daily water changes on that thing and I would add salt especially with the state of the store and prazi her later if you can get a bigger tub.

Working on it. My photobucket has gone all weird... Not very good photos either but better than nothing. Just bear with me for a minute. lol

She does not look like a happy camper right now as you can see. Maybe she just need some time to get used to the new surroundings.... and way cleaner water...

• Admin

Wow thats a big boy and WOW all white thats a hard find hun...

Glad to know im not the only one with the photobucket problem right now... I was trying to fix it :lol

Wow thats a big boy and WOW all white thats a hard find hun...

Glad to know im not the only one with the photobucket problem right now... I was trying to fix it :lol

Thanks Koko. Yes, she's enormous. She makes that 18G QT look like the dreaded goldfish bowl...

OMG... well she'll have the pond next week then she can grow to the size of a small whale. lol

She's not active at all right now though and done loads of stringy poops without me even feeding her. Should I be worried?