New Fish With Scales Sorta Poped Out-ideas?

so the otehr day i was having a really rough day (you can hear about it in the off-topic section) so my bf knowing i was planning on getting another goldie went and got one for me as a suprise. its a very small telescope panda (though it was only 11 dollars so im not expecting much in the way of keeping that "panda" color) anyways he was so happy to have gotten it for me but i seen while it was in the bag its scales are well popped out not like pearlscale but you know stick out away from the body i know this is a sign of dropsy but after i released it into the 10 gal qurintine tank it ate fine and was swimming around just fine unfortunatly i cannot say what the parms were in the fish stores tank much less the temp or anything like that what should i do for it? should i add salt or anything? to this 10 gallon? (this 10 gallon has a filter ive been useing on the 80 gallon and no gravel so yes this tank is cycled not to mention 40 percent of the water added was from the 80 gallon the rest was new) it didnt have any bloody streaks or white spots or anythin g else unusual like that just the scales.

no no squishy good solid body.

i asked my bf where he got the fish from (which pet store) but they are closed today otherwise i would call up and ask a few questions becuase otherwise like ive said i have no idea my bf said it was in a 10 gallon tank with 3 other fish same size (about an inch) i mean i can give you info on what i have done with him since bring it home but the problems didnt start here so its a bit difficult :?

so i went to go and take a picture last night only to find...the scales are sleek and smooth. last night i also added its called aqua-sol i think to help prevent deises and stuff and the salt i did a 95 percent water change also. im still going to keep the fish OT for a month but what do you htink this could be? or could have been?

this morning i got up to feed the fish only to find the new telescope dead.

the scales had smoothed out but for some odd reason i noticed that the fins were all tore up i have no idea why the tank was completly bare other then the filter (which i had to put a sponge head on becuase i lost the tip) and a bubble wand which was the long smooth foamy/plastic kind not the sctual stone? the fish wasnt bloated looking? poor thing

Aww. I am so sorry for your loss but maybe next time try to get a fish that doesnt look very sick the strongest one gliding through the water that kind of fish or maybe just try to go to a different pet store where the fish are healthier. Or maybe you just put in too much meds and the fish couldnt take it. But just wait for other responses.

my bf bought the fish i had no say in which fish was bought.

i tried calling the pet store where the fish was from i asked the girl what the tanks params were,the temp,the filtration system ect, and she sort of freakedo ut and told me i had to call the manger in a few hours so i called back and asked the manager who told me i would have to talk to the stores owner o.0 so icalled back the next day before i could get a word in the owner said "look i am all up to date on my license im totally legal were are not breaking any laws..click so i called right back and butt in saying i bought a fish that is sick and to get a diagnoses i need some info "im sorry" he said" but the fish are only in our tanks a day or two i cant give you a diagnoses the fish come here sick its not us" i said please couldy ou just give me some info on your tanks water parameters and filtration system? "i cant give you that infomation becuase i dont know youll have to talk to the people who clean the tanks" then handed the phone back to the worker who told me to call the maintanace crew in the morning so at 9 am the next morning i called as soon as they open "oh sorry the maintance crew is out of the building by 8am :/ seriously so so much for getting any info on the tanks water conditions from them. and as far as my tank it was never tested im afraid.