Peepers Is Sick Again

jody

Jody, I just found this, not sure if you've ever seen these. Mamber of GAB, pics of her fish's tail look similar to Peeper's. Lots of pics, a lot of scrolling, but info of the treatments used mixed in.

Edited by Red

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow how did you ever find that? Thanks so much :) That is exactly whats going on here except for the tail rot. I didn't see a cure for it though. The last picture and treatment before moving on to the eye still shows the tail with the white stuff.

The fish treated there has it for months as well

Edited by Hawaiian Crush

I'm searching for what I'm seeing on Boog, haven't found it yet, but found this and knew it looked like yours. Darn, no treatment mentioned for the spots? I read she swabbed something (iodine?) but maybe that was for the edges. Perhaps if you search the member's posts you may find a thread about the spots.

Not really, but Peepers is black so they may show up better. Boogs are faint cloudy areas and random white spots (not ich -like, flat white areas about 2-3mm in size...and not fuzzy/fungus) I'm just going with clean water/salt. Anyway, this is Peepers thread. LOL

Yeah the spots are similar though. Anything is worth a try at this point. The little operating area pictured there looks like they took the fish right out of the water. That seems weird. Can you do that? I was thinking of putting him in a small dish for the swab, but the iodine would get in the water and maybe hurt him? I am not sure I only used iodine once before and I just cupped him at the surface. What do you think?

You can try things like Iodine, Hydrogen Peroxide, PP etc. I would hold him on top of a bowl of his water so you can put him in there for a few mins when you are done so any meds will stay in there and not contaminate his tank.