Plans To Make My First Non-gel Food

Lola_Granola

I'm in the planning stages of making my first batch of food using agar-agar instead of gelatine. I'm going to use texana's base recipe as she's done this successfully before. thankyou-1.gif

I went shopping 0n8n0vzo03tretav1zz9.giffor my ingredients and was unable to find a pure spirulina powder, for either pet or human consumption. I picked up some organic babyfood (peas and carrots), kale, parsley, zucchini, garlic, and I plan to use one of Little Breeches' vegan kiddie vitamins. I did come across some "green" powders that I think may work.

Here's the ingredients in the green powder I picked up:

Certified Organic Barley Grass Juice, Certified Organic Wheat Grass, Kamut Grass Juice, Parsley, Oat Grass Juice, Chlorella-Cracked Cell, Spirilina, Kale, Asparagus, Watercress, Dandelion Greens & Roots, Broccoli Sprouts, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Nopal Cactus, Carob, Bamboo, Super Oxide Dismutaste(S.O.D. from Wheat Sprouts), Green Papaya, Atlantic Kelp, Amlaki (Vitamin C), Sesame Seed Husk, 100% Pineapple & Papaya Juice Concentrate, Stevia

Now, for me it sounds very healthy, but I'm no A_Fish_Classic.gif! And as I've just begun researching what is in fish food I'm not so sure if any of these ingredients may not be good for the fish. dc7fc3f8.gif

Everything in moderation. Sounds fine to me as long as you vary their foods. Some ingredients though kinda are gassy when used fresh like broccoli. I doubt the amount of those raw thingies is big enough to make a fish floaty. Let us know how it goes, sis.:)

They do! I'm also feeding them blood worms and have Pro-Gold on the way! This is my answer to a good veggie combo in addition to these. eat-drink-smiley-7850.gif

Oh, that's good! I bet they will think their new food is delish :)