Meet The New Girl!

The day before yesterday we were at my awesome Pet$mart to get to get some more frozen foods for the little ones when by accident I noticed a small group of juvenile angelfish. I don't know if I ever D'AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWed so much in my life! LOL

Those little guys were SO cute and on sale for 1.99

I hadn't planned on getting another angel since we weren't sure how Laura would react to it, but even Steven told me right away to get me one :3

Well, so I gave it a try. Knowing that so far all the fish from Pet$mart were absolutely healthy, plus the fact that if I QT the newbie and then find out that the big angel does not like her AFTER the 14 days that I can return the fish, I decided to trust my guts and add her directly to the tank (after acclimating for more than an hour of course).

And lookie there, Laura does not mind the little one. In fact she is quite fascinated by the miniature version of herself. She keeps swimming over to her and watches her, slowly comes closer and checks her out - just like she did with the ghost shrimp (which she does not see as food but as weird little things drifting through her tank).

Anyway, this is the new fish. I have still no idea for a name, and I don't even know the gender either. This fish is TINY. The body is about dime size I'd say.

At the bottom/right you can see Laura's top - just to see the difference in size!

angelbaby002.jpg

Here without the flash you can see that the noobie seems to be of the blushing kind

angelbaby001.jpg

This one shows pretty accurate what overall color she is

angelbaby003.jpg

"I IS CUTE!"

angelbaby004.jpg

hidden stripes are hidden

angelbaby005.jpg

rofl sizes !!!

angelbaby006.jpg

She is SO tiny!! I've noticed that the fish at my local Petsm@rt tend to be very tiny as well.

Congrats on the :newfish

I was told part of the reason I was having so much trouble adding one in with Bully was cause I needed to get four or five see which one he well not kill rehome the rest. I just don't have the room for that but....

That one is so tiny and cute. Hope it works out in the long run.

Never really named tropicals. Bully was just a fluke and was half grown before he got named. So maybe wait see if it really is a girl or boy and then maybe a name well just fit.

Good luck

I was told part of the reason I was having so much trouble adding one in with Bully was cause I needed to get four or five see which one he well not kill rehome the rest. I just don't have the room for that but....

My thinking was that a fish of this size might not look like a rival to the adult fish but rather blend in with the small tropicals. And it really is that way, she tolerates her just like all the other fish, without picking on her more on than the others.

I hope everything stays as it is now! And maybe female angelfish are less aggressive than males? :unsure: