Sign in to follow this  
dnalex

Your Feeding Regimen...

Absolutely true. They devour quite a lot if you let them. I bet these six would eat a whole cubic inch of gel food, but that would probably massively constipate them.

But they can definitely eat much more than the size of their eye ball. I know in nature fish eat lots of teeny tiny stuff, but I'm sure there too they can eat at once more than what is the size of their eye ball. If it fits in their mouth, it will go down into their belly. And the mouths of mine are sure bigger than their eyes :rofl

I feed ProGold most days (3 to 5 pellets) and peas usually 2 times a week. I rarely put my fish on a fast as I'm worried that he's undernourished. Oh yeah, I also feed a small piece of orange once a week. I'm trying to work up the nerve to make gel food, but as I'm not very good in the kitchen I'm worried it will be a disaster.

Mon - Fri

If i'm at school i'll come in after school and feed them Hikari Oranda Gold Pellets ocne day.

If i'm not at school (holidays, half terms) Ill feed them Hikari Oranda Gold Pellets as usual once per day, unless we have had pea's for dinner in which case they get those instead!

Sat

Freeze Dried Bloodworms twice a day

Sun

Either pea's or broccoli (Thank you Sunday dinners!)

Is this OK?

Mon - Fri

If i'm at school i'll come in after school and feed them Hikari Oranda Gold Pellets ocne day.

If i'm not at school (holidays, half terms) Ill feed them Hikari Oranda Gold Pellets as usual once per day, unless we have had pea's for dinner in which case they get those instead!

Sat

Freeze Dried Bloodworms twice a day

Sun

Either pea's or broccoli (Thank you Sunday dinners!)

Is this OK?

I think it's fine. I do have a couple suggestions for you to try, if you like:

1) how old are your fish? if they are young, try feeding them less but more often, like twice a day, or even three. This will help them grow, but then you'll have to make sure your water is in good shape and you do very frequent water changes, since the little piggies put out a lot of waste.

2) try frozen blood worms, if you can. In general, I avoid floating things, and I pre-soak my sinking pellets before feeding them.

3) I don't do this as much, but from what I've read on this forum, veggies are always great treats :)