Lola Granola's Scoop

Lola_Granola

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww they look so good! Little Hermione has the cutest face EVER! Leroy just looks like a trouble maker! Just look at those mad colors! :angelstaf:

Thanks you guys!

I was changing the photos in my signature when I noticed how much Leroy's face has changed...again...in a few days!

April 2th

268.jpg

Yesterday:

058.jpg

Crazy!

Just might! Big changes happening! Check out the before and after thread to see some awesome changes too!

The photos above were taken April 25th and then the other day. Typo! 2sgn096spell.gifmosking.gif

Another water change, some more photos. I just can't get over how quickly Leroy is changing! Plus, I'm pleased as punch at both of their wen growth!

I know it's only two fish in a rather boring tank...but they are so much fun to watch for me...I can't help it!

004.jpg

"Wen are you going to be finished and let us out of this bowl?" (I was taken aback at how the scales on Leroy's tail look in this photo...as they looked a tiny bit sticky-outy...but in all of the other photos and when I look at him they are smooth as ever. Weird.)

017.jpg

Black on his face is aaaaaaaaaaaalmost gone. Wonder if the poor dude will lose that terrible "you-know-who" mustache?

010.jpg

I suspect these may be fish teeth I found on the bottom of the tank! They are hard as human teeth...and I can't seem to bring them up with the vacuum. Neat! (Obviously this is a very close up shot! LOL)

I nabbed a video of them eating. Forgive the lack of fancy music! You will instead hear the sound of the zoom, Little Breeches singing and Mr. Petty Officer trying to get her ready for bed. :)

th_021.jpg

I love your fish! They are so cute! and they look very happy.

Love your tank too.

thanks.gifThat's very sweet of you to say!

Yep, they are teeth. Check out my post about teeth: http://www.kokosgold..._1#entry1000373

I did actually check your link before I posted. And I saw it cross referenced on another board. nerd_smiley.gif

There is no way your tank is boring with those two cuties in it!

Thanks so much Lady! smile.gif

I can't get over how BIG Hermione got! I mean, look at that tummy!!! :heart

They look super duper hyper in that video! :rofl

thankyou-1.gif

I can't believe it either Fede! Remember how tiny she was when Little B brought her home? That was like...9 months ago? Crazy!

I need to go to video class! LOL I think a relaxing soundtrack would have been nicer...although listening to my kid at bedtime was funny for me!

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone! 2247606fvpp824fqx.gif Man! It's been ages! shame.gif

Sad to say, it's taken my...boys character0291.gif...yup...boys, having some issues that has FINALLY brought me "home" to Koko's again! Loveyou02.gif Herman (formally known as Hermione) has shown us his breeding stars, and Leroy has gone through his complete color change. They are some purdy boys zodiac_pisces-02.gif to be sure!

Leroy has had some floaty issues balloony.gif, and Herman has developed some redness where his body meets his tail. 0f4c5e2c48019838a95aa04777ed8138.gif Both eating fine, water params lookin' great and busy as beavers in their apartment (recently redecorated by Little B)...so I'm doing some digging. magnifyingglass.gif (Any and all help is of course alway appreciated! 2sgn030thanks.gif)

So! A video to show off how much they've grown: linky aquariumsmile1-vi.gif

(And the afore mentioned issues I'm a workin' on! les11.gif)

Little Breeches smilie_girl_268.gifhas been homeschoolin' all year and doing great (five years old and smilie_girl_142.gifreadin' at a 3rd grade level!). I've been catching soooo many babies lately, running after our adopted Coon Hound Sookie beagle.gif and busy with lessons and Little B's co-op's. There truly are not enough hours in the day! cafe1.gif

It seems like only yesterday when I had just joined Koko's to find the best way to care for my baby fish! fishi.gif

Missed you guys!!! zadiffgrouphug.gif

Edited by Lola_Granola

Oh goodness! I might need to 'borrow' that cupcake background!!!!!! I just literally showed it to my boyfriend!!! :rofl

I am so proud of Little B!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Okay about the boys. Hermi could have redness develop from possible bad water. Have the parameters been constantly good? Sometimes they take rather long to heal that part of the tail. My redcap had it for months after we moved. About the floatiness, how bad does it get? It doesn't look TOO bad in the video. You can start by trying to fast them and feed only boiled spinach for a few days. This will clear their intestines. If it is still a problem them we can look at other solutions. Does it happen all the time or mostly after feedings?

Hey, Lola. I was thinking about you the other day. Wondered what happened to you. I see you've been very busy!!

Good luck with the boys...I hope they are both back to normal soon.

mj

oh my! Your yellowy/orange oranda is absolutely stunning!! I am assuming that is the one that has gone through a color change? What a beautiful color! They are both gorgeous :D