Sign in to follow this  
mjbubbles

Pro Gold:

I'm looking for a good pellet food that won't turn Fluffy yellow. The Hikari Lionhead has caused a slight yellow tinge on his white and I don't like that. Does anyone have experience with the Pro Gold doing that?

Thanks a lot!

:painting:

It's very possible that it's genetics playing a role here. I'm not sure how much influence Hikari Lionhead has in color, but I've been feeding Pro-gold to my little red cap oranda nearly all his life, but just now he's starting to "yellow-up" too. :) That might be something that just happens with white fish. :)

As far as I know, though, Pro-Gold doesn't have any color-enhancing "things" in it; if Hikari Lionhead does, maybe switching will tone/slow down the yellow after all :D

Nope never had a problem with progold. Saki Hikari may also yellow up your fish or make a 'smear' when the white and orange begin blending together.

My Jango is turning yellow too :( The worst is on his head and the start of his tail - I'll just turn the light off and pretend I don't see it...

IMG_1182.jpg

Foods that have Carotene in it will change the color of the fish to more of an orange color...... I havent seen progold doing that to my fish... the only fish that have changed color for me where my fish that were black, but that was genetics :)

Hikari oranda gold and lionhead gold both have colour enhancing ingredients in them but i don't think that pro gold has. I use them both and they are very good products.

Update: I switched to pro gold and Fluffy still has the orange tinge 2 months later. I guess it's just the way it is now.

He does love the pro gold and has grown an inch and a half since I started feeding him.

mj

Update: I switched to pro gold and Fluffy still has the orange tinge 2 months later. I guess it's just the way it is now.

He does love the pro gold and has grown an inch and a half since I started feeding him.

mj

mj, my redcap oranda got orange "freckles" all over his wen and some orange wash on his body when I fed too much spirulina. Since switching back to just Pro Gold, the orange on his body is fading away -- but the freckles remain!

I feed my goldies Hikari Oranda Gold and that also includes "Agressive Colour Enhancers"

Zero is all white but i think her gills may be tinging into a light yellow colour now, maybe its just the light.

I used to feed ProGold with great results, but it makes my veiltail yellow and my ranchu floaty. I switched to New Life Spectrum and a lot of greens and I like it even better!