Herman's Dancin' In Tiny Bubbles!

Lola_Granola

I picked up a Whisper 60 for our tank so Herman could have some bubbles (and hopefully Talulah soon too). We got the bendable bubble tubing and just love it!

After showing Little Breeches everyone's photos and videos, she proclaimed the bubble circle to be her favorite. So I tried it. I like it, but Herman seems to stick to the sides of the tank.

Winter2010418.jpg

I then decided to try a bubble wall. I like this too. (The water looks cloudy after I made the change.)

Winter2010419.jpg

What do you guys think? Do you have a favorite? Or suggestions?

I like the circle more, but maybe Herman is scared of it?

I think he is a little. Maybe I could bend it into an oval so he has more room to get around it if he chooses?

I think he is simply not used to it. The bubbles seem weird to him. If I remember right, my fish first were kind of suspicious of the bubbles too, not they LOVE them.

I'd just leave the circle for now and see how he does in a couple days. If he doesn't start acting all stressed out of course.

I like the circle, but I agree with you that maybe an oval would be best so that he can swim around if he chooses.

I have mine (the same wand I think) in an S pattern in the middle of the tank.

I would do it as a wall, because the air bubbles can be hard on plants (they need carbon dioxide). Everytime I see other people's air bubbles I decide I must be due for a new air pump. Mine just doesn't put out that much and I have the same bubble bar.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I finally found the adjustment line insert thingy and turned the flow down. The bubbles are much less intense and he's been swimming through them in the oval shape.

I like the way it looks...but I'm going to keep my eye on the plants to see if they are not getting enough CO2. Thanks for the tips!