Hubby Pushing To Get Talulah Into Herman's Tank

Lola_Granola

....and here's why:

1. I'm treating both with Prazi. Talulah's tank is one day before Herman, so Mr. Petty Officer is watching me do a LOT of WC's.

2. Talulah is looking great. She's so much perkier and looks wonderful.

3. Herman has bubbles now and Talulah doesn't.

4. Mr. Petty Officer heard me wish I could get them together as I was soaked with water on late night during a water change.

What would you do?

If you're treating both with Prazi, I'd lean towards "Go for it", if Talulah came from a store with healthy tanks. I only qt'd Dahlia for 3 weeks b/c the store she came from qt's and treats their fish before sale. It really sucks watching one in a tub when there's perfectly good tank space waiting and you're confident they're healthy :doh11:

Well, I'm not so sure she came from the best place. They added new fish to the tanks often, without quarantining first. Haruka got a fish from the same store that ended up with parasites, so I've been treating her for them JIC. She's not had any symptoms though.

Myself I wouldn't do it if you're at all uncomfortable with the LFS's practices. I'd continue for the recommended additional 2 weeks and you'd have the peace of mind. Better safe than sorry. ;)

Yup do not add her. All the goldies there are riddled with parasites. Give her a good month of 0.3% salt and jungle anti-parasite. Ming Chao was pooping white poo like crazy. However she seemed in good health in 2 weeks. Usually past the 2 week mark they're ok, but you can never be too careful. Wait on prazi and then after her parasite treatment prazi them both.

Yup do not add her. All the goldies there are riddled with parasites. Give her a good month of 0.3% salt and jungle anti-parasite. Ming Chao was pooping white poo like crazy. However she seemed in good health in 2 weeks. Usually past the 2 week mark they're ok, but you can never be too careful. Wait on prazi and then after her parasite treatment prazi them both.

I ended up starting with Prazi and holding off on the salt. I had read about Jungle AP being rough, so I opted to treat with Prazi first, and if symptoms arose....then I'd reach for the Jungle AP. She's had one round of Prazi so far, the second starts on Monday.

I'm also treating Herman with Prazi for good measure, as I only treated him with salt when we got him. (He came home all ichy.)

Nope! Not worth the risk. The reason Trinket suggest four weeks is that it can take that long for parasites to show. I had one fish go through qt swimmingly for four weeks only to get an ulcer the minute she was added to the main tank...I lost six fish. Just not worth the chance.

And you definately want to salt at .03 for at least two weeks if not a bit longer. That will knock dead most, though not all, parasites.