Pimple On Fancy Goldfish

Capt Dave

Sometimes my black moor has looks like a pimple on his body. It clears in a few days with a little garlic extract believe it or not and it does not seem to bother him. Anyone see this before?

Fish don't get acne.

If you are seeing something that looks like a pimple, it is most likely a cyst. Can you get a picture? It may be something simple like wen growth (even telescopes can have wen growth) or it may be something more serious.

I am not surprised garlic helps, garlic helps boost both fish and human immune systems!

I am currently dealing with this "pimple" like cyst on an oranda goldfish. This is the thread I started on it a few days ago. Is it similar to what you have?

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/88758-large-pimple-like-on-the-side-of-my-orangewhite-oranda/

Also, in the thread shown above, there is another thread referenced within it, documenting what another had experienced. I hope this is helpful.

Actually i dont know how to upload a pic. I dont even have a digital camera I still use film lol... It looks exactly like a pimple with a whitehead on it.

Where on the fish is it? On his head?

Would you like me to move this thread to the diagnosis section? Or are you planning on starting a new thread?

Actually i dont know how to upload a pic. I dont even have a digital camera I still use film lol... It looks exactly like a pimple with a whitehead on it.

Where on the fish is it? On his head?

Would you like me to move this thread to the diagnosis section? Or are you planning on starting a new thread?

Yes i prob should have posted this in that section. Sorry. No it was on his side just above the pectoral fin.

not breeding ts it was not on the gills. I believe it was some kind of syst from reading the other discussions (thank you for posting BTW :)). I am not going to worry too much about because it did not burst.It shrunk and disappeared About 2 days after the garlic was added.

I agree, if it disappeared, then it's not worth worrying over. If it comes back, and the garlic doesn't work, usually just a low level of salt will take care of it! :)

My Fantail Pepper had a big cyst for some time.

I had to medicate to get rid of it.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/85975-what-on-earth-is-wrong-with-pepper/page__p__974898__hl__pepper__fromsearch__1#entry974898

She looks fine now....the little princess :)