Welcome To The Jungle!

I had to detach my Anubias from the rocks because the fishline was ruining their roots :(

So now we have a wild jungle theme going until I can find a way to fix them. The fish seem to love it tho as they are always cruising in between the leaves. (well, except when the veggie clip comes into play!)

DSCN3958.jpg

DSCN3957.jpg

:heart :heart :heart

Yup. My Java Ferns are attached. THey also don't get ruined roots when you attach them because their roots are so thin and 'flexible'. They sort of 'blend' into the rocks.

THe ones in my anubias are hard as stone and very long - hanging straight down! So I might try and attach the body of the plant to my intake and outtake of the Fluval. Hmmmm...

You're sure the roots die of because of the thread? My biggest problem was to stop my fish from nibbling on the small roots. That is why my Anibias is in a shallow bowl with gravel. When the roots were free Godzilla was snacking on them.

Yup they started rotting where I had tied them :(

THey are way too big for the fish to eat. But the fish do 'clean' around them.

Yup they started rotting where I had tied them :(

THey are way too big for the fish to eat. But the fish do 'clean' around them.

They are in the tank with the 'small' fish. The roots of an Anubias are indeed quite sensitive ;)

I think it's looks neat! bigsmile.gifI've just started experimenting with the anubia so I don't really have advice. I just used invisible thread to attach mine. It is a lot thinner than the fishing line I had, so we'll see how it goes!