My New Fantail :)

Katie

This is an album of some quick snap shots I took tonight of our latest addition Gloria the tiny Fantail! :)

My good friend at work always (in a kind way) makes fun of me for obsessing over "Glorified Carp" so when I went past work with my new little Fish she announced "Ohhhh another Glorified Carp let me see!" and I said to her "I am going to name her Gloria (or Glorden if she turns out to be a boy) because I am proud of my Glorified Carp!" we all argreed it was a wonderful name and had a laugh!

On another note the air pump in her tank has stopped working and the filter started leaking I think i need a new seal! :D .....sigh* It's carked it it seems or should I say Carped it! lol

Ok so not so funny! WHYYYY! It was fine yesterday....SO I have housed Gloria in with my Ranchus/Lionheads for one night until I can re-stock on a filter and airpump tomorrow from my LFS!

Here are the photos she is sooo tiny you might not be able to tell but my Ranchus are massive next to her and they are tiny Ranchus!

40 is alot of photos yes but I couldn't help it!

Gloria the Glorified Carp!

Edited by Satchi

Awww!! This fish is so gorgeous, the coloring is amazing! I love it! First I thought "oh no, she had such a nice pure ranch/lionhead tank!" but Gloria fits in perfectly! :3

Haha I still will Fang don't you worry this was emergency housing! :P Her 10G Tank will be back up and running tomorrow *fingers crossed*

I like my Ranchu/Lionhead tank as is but she is so small they don't seem to even notice her at all! I'll put up pics of her tank when it's back on the scene again! ;)

She was already in the 10G has been for a while but everything broke on me tonightso there was no filter running or airpump I moved her over to the big tank until tomorrow becasue I was worried.

I want to keep her seperate as I'm pushing my fish per Gallon rule by adding her into the crowd, though she is sooo small I don't think it should matter for a night.

She doesn't seem stressed at all and ate just as much shrimp as the big guys tonight too.

Edited by Satchi

Oh ok, I got it now. I thought she was a completely new fish that you just got!

Well, but 10 gallons will be a little small for her eventually. Would be awesome if you could upgrade eventually to a bigger tank for them all together :)

I still feel so bad over the 10 gallon tank when I started out. I can't even imagine them in the 10 gallon tank now that they are so big. Even the smaller fish grew and they love the space :3

Anyway, this fish is so cute!! :)

I know it will be too small eventually but will she be ok in it for now as shes about the size of the bottom of my thumb at the moment? I feel really bad now I hope the 10G will be ok for her whilst she is little!

I would love to get a bigger tank eventually thats my plan I just need more money I wish it grew on trees...or in tanks!

Is it extremely cruel to keep her in this tank for a while whilst she's little? (I am a worry wart!)

Thanks for the advice and comments Fang you're always very helpful and friendly! :)

Edited by Satchi

No, for now I believe she will be fine if you stay on top of the water params. I had four goldfish and a common pleco in a 10g for half a year, but then they outgrew the tank. Especially the single tails, which you don't have to worry about. :)

Have you checked craigslist for used tanks? They are so much more affordable! :)

I just tried Craigslist Adelaide and came up with nothing! I'd love to have a fantail/telescope tank and my Ranchu/Lionhead tank eventually :) But for now I will def stay on top of my params (I love testing my water!) and hopefully she will enjoy her little 10G house for the time being :)

Thanks guys! Gloria is back in her tank, new air pump, air stone and filter seal woo! I also moved my beautiful small driftwood and plant into her tank will add more shots when my battery on my camera is charged! :) So glad it's all working again! :)

Off to make 2 x Cherry cakes and some deviled sausages for tea! (Baby shower to go to tomorrow need a cake pronto!)

Back in her home :)

Ok heres some quick shots of her little home (For now! :P) you can also see me...and my kitchen and my hands and camera from reflection lol

Sampson thought he'd check out the tank too, I don't allow him on the bench tops usually, but seeing as though I had just dropped half my cake mix on the floor and didn't want him walking in it and eating it all as I KNOW he would I had no choice but to put him up there now he has a friend :)

Enjoy!

Gloria is so cute! I just love her color pattern. Very clean and balanced. She is lovely!

Your tank is very purdy too!

Loveyou02.gif her name!!!! G-L-O-R-I-A Glooooooooooooooooooooria!

Gloria is so cute! I just love her color pattern. Very clean and balanced. She is lovely!

Your tank is very purdy too!

Loveyou02.gif her name!!!! G-L-O-R-I-A Glooooooooooooooooooooria!

haha! Thanks Lola you always make me laugh! It remind me of the World of Warcraft Lich King log in screen GLORIA!

I just love how tiny she is and her pattern is very lovely yes :) Thanks.

Wow! She's a beauty, I love the patterning, I reckon when I decide to get another its between Fantail and Ryukin :)

keep us updated with regular photos :)