Sign in to follow this  
stonedaffection

Is This A Decent Tank To Upgrade To?

i've been looking around for ages for a bigger one than my Interpet fishpod 48ltr, I only recently bought it as a complete set-up(cost me £80), but i'm interested in upgrading to a bit bigger if i can get a rectangular tank.

This is the cheapest one i've found, for £59.95(free delivery as it's glass). and it's a complete set-up too. (WISH I'D FOUND THIS FIRST!)

I haven't really heard good things about stingray filters though so i'd definitely purchase a different one.

Aquarium

what do you think?

Ideally i want a 90 ltr rectangular tank but my budget is not that great :( and i'm struggling to find one at a decent price.

Edited by soozeandspyro

I have an Elite 15 gallon tank(60 liters). I don't like it. I find the hoods on the Elite tanks are too short, the light bulb is close to the water, and the condensation builds up fast under the hood and ends up seeping out the sides and down the tank. Also the hood & trim is silver...nice...but it is paint on gray plastic, the silver comes off easily. All in all a low quality set up IMO.

Edited by Red

How about this one? 90 liters...a little more money, but not bad.

Aquarium

why did i not see that one ! amazing!

How strange. I got all my smaller tanks for real cheap. My new 113liter (30Gal) was about 80chf which is about 60euro. And it came with a canopy and it is fat glass.

Don't get any 'kits' that comes with filters/heaters/food etc. THose are usually overpriced as you will end up not using most of the 'extras'.

Why not try to find a used tank on craigslist? This will be MUCH cheaper for a MUCH bigger tank. It might take a bit longer to find the perfect deal for you, but it will be definitely worth having a BIG BIG tank for less money.

the only problem is i dont have any means of transport to collect it, and they are always quite reluctant to deliver :/ otherwise i would!

Well, you could try to offer them some extra money for delivery. It might work, maybe not. Still would make it cheaper than a new one.

Either way, good luck finding a bigger tank for Spyro! :)

Thankyou, I want to get him a girlfriend!

Well, especially then you have to go for something bigger, 75 liter minimum! Try to get him another telescope as buddy, that makes feeding easier, unless you don't mind some extra work to make sure eye impaired Spyro gets his share :)

Well, especially then you have to go for something bigger, 75 liter minimum! Try to get him another telescope as buddy, that makes feeding easier, unless you don't mind some extra work to make sure eye impaired Spyro gets his share :)

yeah defo, if i'd got the 60 i'd of just kept him on his own.

I'll try get a telescope of similar size, as i dont want her stealing all the food from him and thinking shes boss haha :)

Right, similar size or smaller for the new fish might be a good idea. Telescopes in general are usually friendly from what I experienced and heard. :)

Or maybe even a celestial if you like those. I kinda do find them cute, thanks to Federica's Steve Urkel :D

EBAY!

I got my 90ltr (20gal) for ?20 then gave the seller an extra ?10 to deliver it. Cheap as chips :D

Had to buy the filters separately but I did a gradual build up of buying, and one of them I got as a birthday present :)