Sign in to follow this  
Jesi

White Spots On Wen?

It's been so long since my fish have had ich I've forgotten exactly what it looks like. I've seen white spots on wens before that I think were just new growth spots though too. How do you tell the difference if that is the case? Is ich more granular looking or pimply looking?

personally i have not dealt with ich before.. but from what i read, it's more all over the body than just the wen.. i have experienced wen growth on my oranda's before and it's just a small smeared dot in a crevice part of the wen and not too many of them either.. so if you have ich on your fish, there will be more of it and on places where the wen doesn't grow.

from what i understand it spreads quickly too.. so if what you though was wen growth the first day, could be mulitplied within the next few days, i would start nice big daily waterchanges and whatever the recommendation for treatment the D&D forums here have posted.

Yeah it's only on one fishes wen. Has not spread at all. I actually started a salt treatment 3 days ago to see if it was ich and there's really not much of a change with it, so I'm assuming it's just new growth. When I did experience ich I remember the salt worked pretty darn quick. The only thing that concerns me is that there are a bunch of spot, like maybe 6. One spot has gotten a tiny bit bigger...

It's probably just wen growth. What are you feeding the fish?

My black ranchu has had as many as 4 or 5 wen growth spots at once. Ich is definitely more granular -- looks like grains of salt or sugar.

Can't remember what I'm feeding them, he was like this when I got him though, Tetra brand crisps and flakes I think. It actually is looking stringy now, like stringy white stuff coming off of 2 of the spots.

Ranchudressing... I love your name! Haha!

Stringy white spots concern me a bit....could be anchor worm. Any chance you can take a picture?