Temporary 10 Gallon?

well after going to the LFS and seeing some adoable little calico orandas i was itching to get one but decided against it and htought i would ask a big question first.

those little fish were sooo tiny and the last time i tried putting a new little goldie in the tank my oranda thought it was a giant piece of food and ate its fins clean off. could i keep a little goldfish in a 10 gallon untill it got a bit bigger considering i did 50% water changes daily?

great i have a whisper filter for a 30 gallon i think that was 120gph? i dont remember but i knw its atleast 100gph. i hoard fish suplies when i find them at yard sales,second hand shops i have about 12 filters that work of differant sizes. and i have about 20 air pumps too lol

Only for QT you need to have a tank set up and ready when your QT is over. Most tanks done hold 10 gallons so only for a very very short time. Like weeks not months.

If he's really tiny and you're doing water changes daily I think he'd be fine, you'd be removing growth hormone so he won't be stunted and your filter should keep the waste well in check, when they're tiny they don't produce much anyway, I think he'd be fine in there until he was bigger, and with frequent water changes you could give him several small meals a day so he grows quicker :) I've kept Rusty in a 5 gallon for a month before when I've been home for Christmas holidays and stuff, and the water's always been fine with just weekly water changes and less feeding. With your planned water change routine as long as you've got some cycled filter media you can pinch I don't see a problem ;) Now go forth and fetch thine fishie!

Yep, until he is big enough to have a chance with your big fish you should be fine. Just take really good care of the tank and the new fish. As suggested, several small meals daily will make him grow faster than one or two big meals :)

i have 4 guppy tanks that i do water changes on everyday so cleaning out another 10 gallon wont be difficult for me to do at all and as far as feeding go my fish are piggies and everyone gets fed about about 6 small meals a day ne ways and siphon up whatevers not eaten.