Question Regarding Prazi And Carbon Filter

Before I add the Prazi to Talulah and Herman's tanks, I have a quick question. school.gif

The instructions read to remove any carbon filter from the tank before administering as it decreases the potency of the solution. In Talulah's QT tub I am using a Whisper Filter with a cartridge carbon filter. I don't want to lose the BB that have (hopefully) colonized the filter along with the section of seeded filter pad I have in front. Would it be a good idea then to remove the filter and place it in the bottom of the tank (after swishing it during the water change) to maintain the BB in the filter?

I have AQ's in Herman's tank so removing the carbon is easy peasy for him. Talulah's filter cartridge has the carbon within, and the filter floss/pad surrounding so it's not as easy.

Thanks you guys! 2sgn030thanks.gif

it might be a good idea to cut the carbon out of the pad.

unless you need it I would take it out of all the tanks. I really don't trust carbon with goldfish.

I would also cut the sleeve and remove the carbon Lola. While doing this I would be sure to keep the media in a bucket of used tank water to keep it moist while you do this. Exposure to the air will destroy your BB. ;)

Thanks so much you guys!

I've got a lot to do today and want to make sure I've got all of my ducks in a row before I jump in. Adding carbon removal to my routine this afternoon.

Oh how I love my knowledgeable friends here! Loveyou02.gif

I would also cut the sleeve and remove the carbon Lola. While doing this I would be sure to keep the media in a bucket of used tank water to keep it moist while you do this. Exposure to the air will destroy your BB. ;)

This was a wonderful tip Dennis! It made it so easy to get the carbon outta there! Gentle swishing under the water was way better on my BB than any other way. bf-swinging.gif