I Need Help Fast!

zainul

ummm... ok, i had gone away for 4 days because my grandpa had died. when i came back my goldies were kind of sick. i hadnt fed them this 4 days but i had given them a lot of food before i went.well theyve got something that looks like blood(red colour) on their skin(all of them) and they keep bumping on the sides of the tank. when i came home i changed the water and fed them.but they still look sick. please i really need help fast. i dont want to lose my friends!

Can you answer the question in the box on the top please? That will make answering a lot easier!!

Either way I'd do a huge water change instantly, just make sure pH and temperature are matched. Make sure you test the water for the questions above BEFORE you change the water!

If you put a lot of food in with them before you left, you may have caused an ammonia spike which would explain red streaks. But without more information we really can't be of much help. A huge water change never hurts, but as Oreba said, please answer the questions at the top of the page.

How often did you used to do water changes (and how much) before you left them for the 4 days? It almost sounds like moderate to severe Ammonia poisoning. Pictures and/or a adequate description of the water parameters would help with a diagnosis. Hopefully we can help you save your goldies. :(

• Admin

Can you get the water test at a LFS? or Oder some online....

Its so important to know the lvls, this will tell all of what is going on and why your fish are so sick....

As for now if the fish are showing redness in there bodies... I would do a large water change and do a gravel siphon if you have gravel.... This is the first thing... Plus we do need all the other information or we are kinda guessing here :o

i checked on about red streaks on goldies and it turned out to be that the water had ammonia poisoning so i did a water change every day,put some rock salt and kept feeding them frequently and they are back to normal and the red streaks are gone completely!!!

thank u for your help guys!