Marine Ich

caitie

I wondered the same thing. When I decided to take her out and put her in qt she had her tail stuck in one of the ricordias. I know they don't sting they just get very sticky and then bring their prey into her mouth. I just figured she was too weak to pull herself out of harms way. But maybe one of the other corals stung her, like you said. Man this tank is getting scary. :yikes I think I'll have to pull out those big rubber gloves I bought when I first set up the tank. I don't want to get stung by something in there.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I thought I had 'friendly' corals. :rofl I do have some little hitchhiker anemones that apparently can pack quite a sting, so they might be responsible. :undecided: But the ricordias usually should not be a problem they are not really aggressive but they are a living creature and if they sense any available food they will try and eat it. It's so funny because before I got my reef tanks I always thought of corals as plants. :doh11: I don't know why! :D But they are truly animals and they need to eat either plants or animals to survive. But I do have to remove some of the ricordias they are really getting out of hand. I just need to find the time to remove some and bring them over to a store. Maybe I get something cool in exchange. :yeah:

Edited by caitie

OMG I thought of the plant thing too until you told me it was holding little Molly girl by the tail! :yikes Freaky!

You should get a little clownfish to host the anemone :)

Yeah they are cool but they only open up at night. :rolleyes: So you can see them once the lights have been off for a while and if you use a flashlight. Apparently when they get big enough they pack a powerful sting. I know they like to eat meat because I once fed one of them with a big piece of shrimp. :) I think they may be responsible for some of the trouble I'm having right now. :undecided: