kittyfiends

Black Dots?

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level?0

[*]Nitrite Level?0

[*]Nitrate level?5

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?7.5

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)8

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?drops Aquarium Pharmaceuticals

[*]Water temperature?70

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?55gallon, running 3 years

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)? 2 penguin biowheel 350 and one sponge filter and one bubble wand

[*]How often do you change the water and how much?weekly 50%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 4 fish 1 inch oranda, 1 and 1/2 inch fantail, 2 two inch Orandas

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners?Prime and kents goldfish essentials

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? tetra flakes, omega one sinking pellets, peas, de-seeded cucumbers, spinach

[*]Any new fish added to the tank?yes, just purchased 2 blue orandas one of which has the strange spot

[*]Any medications added to the tank?no

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? There are little black dots that i am not sure are just a coloration thing,

of if it something else. This fish looks a little tattered, one of the tail fins is completely ripped in half, and it looks like there is a small piece missing from the dorsal fin.

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?No

I haven't been on here in a while since I just opened a new business, and my Fiance's Father just passed away from Cancer. But anyway I was at Petsm*rt buying dog food, and I happened to wander into the fish section to see what they had. I came across 2 pretty blue orandas. They were marked 5.99 and were the same size as the ones that were 24.99 there.

So I asked the employee if they were 5.99 and he said yes. So I took them both. I love Orandas because they usually have the best personalities. The other two fish I have in my tank have been in there for about a year and haven't grown much at all. They occasionally get trailing poop syndrome. But anyway I got a picture of the black dots. Maybe it's just a color thing, maybe it's nothing, I don't know. But here is the link to the picture:

http://i.imgur.com/BsXRc.jpg

I personally wouldn't worry about it. Perhaps it is the last of the color on the chin?

I wouldn't be terribly worried either. Looks like a cutie with a full wen. And it sounds like you know what you are doing as far as the typical prazi and salt QT if you have been on here before.

if it's not bumpy, like pimply, i wouldn't worry about it.. to me it looks the same colour as the wen.. perhaps wen growth in an odd area..

did you qt these two at all? if so, how long? was the spot there when you got him or has it just appeared? the tail should heal itself with a little help of salt to speed it up or good water changes a couple extra to what you're doing now.

Thanks guys! I just got these 2 fish. I didn't do a quarantine as the other two were due for their yearly prazi pro treatment. So I salted the whole tank a tablespoon to every 5 gallons. I noticed the spot when I did the transfer. It's only been 2 days and the tail has almost healed itself. I guess that's what some salt , good water quailty and a little TLC can do

That looks like a beauty mark. My pharoh had one on his side, nothing to worry about :)