Google Near The End

jody

I keep going over in my head what if she would have ate, what if I gave her more of a chance, could she have been saved? When fish are pineconed for 6 days its usually hard to recover from dropsy right? I am sorry to ask these questions but it has been driving me nuts. I get so darn attached to these little buggers.

Second thoughts and regrets are totally normal, but rest assured, you did everything you could. Dropsy is almost always terminal, so don't feel like you should have done more. I am sure that you did everything you could, but sometimes everything in the world just isn't enough :( Hopefully Peepers now will keep getting better and stay healthy for a long time.

Just to reassure you more-when I put my fish down,I was flooded w/ those kinds of thoughts-'Did I REALLY do EVERYTHING possible'doh11.gifLike Sakura said,I think it's perfectly normalundecided.gif Dropsy is a symptom of something else,not a condition of and on it's own-but the fact of the matter is-that you,like I,put our fish out of their misery-they were suffering-and it was the kindest and most loving thing to do for a beloved petcry3.gifheartpump.gif

Lets all hope for the best now that Peepers will(and must) make a full recovery. :)