Drop Kit Result

Today I added the crushed coral, and just to make sure I just now tested the water. I tested the tap water cold and tap water hot (to see if there is a pH difference depending on the temperature) and the tank water.

Both tap tests came out with 7.2, then I put the three drops in the tank water test tube and I almost drop it in shock because as soon as I turn the tube to distribute the drops it turns pale yellow, showing me a pH of 6.0 !! :yikes

So I run to the bathroom, dump the test result, rinse the tube out and repeat the test, this time with 7.6 as result. Tested with the high pH solution and got 7.4 as result on there so I believe the pH really is 7.5.

But the 6.0 freaked me out. I don't know what I could have done wrong to make it turn all pale yellow though? oO

Me too. You know how you think very much in only a couple seconds? And I was thinking about how it doesn't make any sense that after adding crushed coral the pH drops by more than 1.2 and that how my fish don't seem effected at all yet and that I'll go have to take the coral out and do a huge water change in both tanks if both tanks have pH drop etc etc.