Found This Huge Slug--Pix

arabpaso

• Supporter

nah, nope, i don't think i could possibly handle one of those around me.. what's with that spot on the side of his head? is that where all the slimy stuff comes out from .. eeeewww.. and it looks like he has a million feet..

I don't tend to think them nasty as I do curious, but I certainly wouldn't want one on me! :thud

Thanks for sharing though Kristi, very intresting. :)

Edited by Kateana

nah, nope, i don't think i could possibly handle one of those around me.. what's with that spot on the side of his head? is that where all the slimy stuff comes out from .. eeeewww.. and it looks like he has a million feet..

That hole is (if I remember corretly) the respiratory pore. The slime stuf comes of the 'foot'

Awww come on you all. That thing is adorable and very pretty. I love snails and slugs :heart

Sure looks like a banana slug to me. I love the coloring on this one!

I agree.

It is funny that most of you react like my mom. 'Ew, get rid of it'

BTW: When moving a slug, son't use bare hands, use paper as that mucus sticks terrible.

Edited by Quasi

i would love to own one! it is very pretty and intresting! i think it would be awsome to keep one in a 20 gal terrarium. though im the type of person who raises tadpoles every year and keeps a all snail tank :) about 2 weeks ago i brought in some drift wood off the beach and found a caterpillar i havent been able to identify it but i have in a critter carrier with a hunk of drift wood and some lettuce leaves and tossed it into my little mini fridge to hybernate. i figure it had climbed up into the drift wood to hide out once the weather turned cold. i really hope it survives and turns into somthing moth butterfly somthign!

Lol its kind of cute...here's a similar slug I saw at mt rainier:

IMG_6382.jpg

it was about as long as my hand.

Cool--they do get big around here!! I used to play with the smaller ones in my yard when I was younger. I picked them up and let them crawl on me and leave their slime trail. Probably wouldn't do that anymore, esp. not with these big guys!