Goldie Sleeping On A Side Tail Going Down

hana

hi

i have 2 goldies (redcap) from a year

today in the evening, one of them seem to have swelled (a little) stomach, swimming to the top, trying to swim in a straigh position but seems suffering as it gets as if sleeping on a side. it sleeps on a side floating with tail going dowb for seconds then tries to turn straight.

it sometimes role around itself!!

when the filter works it is really suffering trying to move forward but it moves backward.

is this swim bladder problem??

what can i do??

do i stop the filter these days??

the goldies are in 15 liter tank with filter.

i change 25% of water daily.

they eat floating pellets (after putting them in water for 15 minutes) twice dailly (4 pellets for each fish each diet)

the fish eats good

the other goldie is fine

Could you answer all of these questions please? :)

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level?

[*]Nitrite Level?

[*]Nitrate level?

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

[*]Water temperature?

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)?

[*]How often do you change the water and how much?

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size?

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners?

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often?

[*]Any new fish added to the tank?

[*]Any medications added to the tank?

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

I think the problem is the floating pellets, they are probably gulping air and this is what's causing them to float. However there can be other causes.

Welcome to Koko's :) Sorry to hear your fish aren't feeling well. As Tay mentioned, if you could answer the questions at the top, that would help. The first thing that I see is that your tank is only 15 liters, for 2 goldfish you need at least 76 liters. Even though you're doing water changes daily, you still probably have water quality issues.

unfortionately i have no testing kit

the fish store near me has none of these tools

i could not go this week to another

the filter aleas submersible filter ipf-228

220 L/h

i put the pellets in water before feeding the fish so it sank in water when feeding

15 liters is WAY too small for anything but a Betta fish. In such a size tank you would need to do 100% water changes a day - and this will probably just end up also stressing the fish. Is there no way you can put them in a large storage tub or something?

i am afraid as i have to travel on tuesday for 3 days

i have to leave my ill fish alne

no one to care for

i hope to rescue her before travelling

also i am afraid if i stop feeding the fish the next two days then travel for 3 days the fish will :o

Edited by hana123

I too think there is a water quality problem. Is there any way you can give them a bigger home as soon as possible? A bigger tank or at least a large, food safe plastic tub, something like this? http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__y6vPoy52fc/TOVhb864hmI/AAAAAAAAAM8/JQhKI4kWg_M/s1600/plastic-tub.jpg

Even if you can't get your hands on a 76 liter tub, even a 50 liter would be a big improvement.

Do not feed them for the next two days. If the problems are related to food making him floaty, this should make him at least some better.

On the long run you will want to provide them with a bigger home. Each fancy goldfish needs 38 liters for himself because they produce a lot of waste. Also filtration x 10, so you would need 760L/h in a 76 liter tank.

The bigger the tank you can get, the better. If you can get a 100 liter tank, that would be just perfect for your fish :)