Spicey's Color Progress

number20121

Spicey, my wen-less Oranda girl is going through a very slow color change for months now. Only a few scales changed so far, and not very dramatic either. Going from chocolate to a lighter, slightly more blue-ish, but still chocolate colored version. :wacko:

Front/top view. The little white spot on her lip, she had that since I got her. I think it is normal. I love her slightly pom-pom-y nostrils! :D

Most awesome wen ever :rolleyes:

spiceycc01.jpg

spiceycc02.jpg

A little distorted from the rippling water, but you can see the lighter colored scales. The dark edge on her tail is "normal" too, she always had that. It is not ammonia burn, but with the old camera it never really showed that well.

spiceycc03.jpg

This one is a bit clearer. From the side she is so metallic. The side view also shows the color of her fins very well.

spiceycc04.jpg

spiceycc05.jpg

Close up of her scales. The "shaft" of her scales on her back look colorless. Although the overall color is off here; this picture shows the differently colored scales very good, it's the ones that look gray-ish.

spiceycc06.jpg

Pretty! I think there is orange under there and that she will eventually be orange, but it is really hard to say. My ranchu's color is different almost every day. I've never had one change this dramatically. It is fun to watch.

Thanks everyone! Amy, I hope she doesn't turn completely orange. But that would be ok I guess, since I can't do anything about it :D

She's such a little cutie/pig, and she grew quite a lot since I got her. She's a little hand full now (not that I am tall and got relatively big hands for a girl) and I love the color of her fins. :3

I hate how I could never get color accurate photos of her because she looks different from every angle and the reflection used to turn out way too yellow. This new camera is so much better. Still not 100% accurate on the scales, but much closer.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

:D Wow! I like such scale colour... Bronze-chocolate? XD. They're shiny too :D

I like the change so far, can you post pics everyonce in a while to keep us posted during the change?

Sure! It will just take a while. Those few scales that changed so far, this happened over about... 4 months. So it will probably take forever until another significant change built up :D