Canister Filter Questions

Guest Mike and Linda

Guest Mike and Linda

I am thinking of maybe buying a canister filter for my 4 goldies. I have 0 knowlege on this subject. I have a 40 Breeder tank. The question is what is the most efficent, reliable canister filter to buy? I would need the gph also.

What brand and models are good. I am trying to find out what people are using.

Would I have less current than AC's.

Thanks

• Admin

I loved my Ehiem it was the best canister I had. The only thing that happened to mine after 5 years was the seal on the top where the starter pump is gave way and I tried to fix it but didnt work. Other than that it was an awesome filter :)

I have an Eheim canister filter (Pro II) and I love it! It's the only canister filter I've had so I don't have anything to compare it to. :unsure::)

What size is your tank? And koko too... what size? I want to know if I should get the Pro II or pro III and I have a thread going where I need more opinions - http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/88171-possible-tank-upgrade/page__st__20__gopid__1008313#entry1008313

Don't mind if they are answered hear or there but I want to make sure I make the right choice.

• Admin

I had the eheim with my 80 gal tank and the 45 gal tanks, but i always used it with two HOB filters. I had the 2228 pro Eheim, this is when it first came out. I loved it, I had the spray bar working on mine and with the other filters on the tanks, I never had a filter problem or keeping the water clear.

neat thing about canisters is you can put what you want in them, you dont have to put what they tell you in them, is like your own filter :)

Running a Fluval 405 on the 70G vintage tank with a spray bar across the length of the back, right at the water line. Plenty of room inside for bio media and other products like micro polishing pads. Really makes for perfectly clear water with minimal effort.