Tank Plans/dreams?

dogsbykat

Just thought it would be fun to hear what everyone is saving for/dreaming of in the new year for their fishies :) While hubby is holding me to the 3 tank agreement :doh11: he is not opposed to me getting another big tank for the teles, as long as I sell their current 40 gal. Instead of jumping into anything, I've decided to save up for an 80 or 90 gal long for the single tails and the teles will get the 72 gal and some new friends, which I will use the 40 gal to qt before I sell it.

That's my plan/hope/dream for the year...What's yours?

That sounds like an awesome plan! My (fantasy) plan is a brand new 200+ gallon tank! But... that won't be happening until we buy a house, which is not really in the near future. sigh. But hey, a girl can dream, right?! :D

A 200 gal would be amazing :heart I'd have to get rid of a couch or 2 before I'd have room for that :rofl I would love it if my hubby got into my fish keeping hobby, but at least he's accepted that he's married to a "crazy fish lady", so that's good enough for now ;)

My dream tank would be something like this :

dreamtank.png

I know its plain but, its easier for me to maintain :D

But I would have to find space for it XD

my epic dream tank would be a nice 180 plus gallon tank with a truly, heavily planted, most natural feel ever, with an amazing depth of field. and then imagine the same thing, but saltwater as well . XD

My bf has promised to make me a pond on his back patio using those heavy plastic stock tanks from the feed store. They have up to 300 gals in size but we'll probably go more with 150/200. Anyway, I've never had a pond before so this will be totally fun and exciting if it really happens! I also recently got a 40 gal breeder's tank on a great sale at pet/co that I am currently using to house some rosy red minnows and a couple new comets that are potential new pond inhabitants!! I know I shouldn't have gotten any gf for the pond yet but they were just too gorgeous to pass up and they were in a feeder tank--pix will be forthcoming. :whatjust:

Mine is a 120 gal tank right now...that's going to happen once I get moved into a new place here soon. I'm still looking for a white matte telescope and maybe a couple of show quality Black Moors, and possibly a broadtail or two.

Dennis, your plan includes more teles?! I'm shocked :rofl

LOL Kathy...you expected anything less? :yeah:

I like what you're planning on doing with your tanks. I'm intrigued to see what your new friends may be???? Huh huh huh? :yeah:

I'm saving for an air pump, bigger plants and a big (but not too big) fat friend for Herman.

I'm also on the hunt for a unique glass piece for the thank. I've been on the look out for an interesting background for the tank that is not cheesy or too much.

Oh and I'm looking for intake extenders for my AQ 50's. None of our LFS have them. Gotta keep our bare bottoms clean! Oh wait... I mean.... I am so awesome!

A clean bottom is very important :rofl I think Big Al's carries extensions for Aquaclears ;) Try searching ebay for glass paperweights or vases; that's where I got my dolphins and I've seen some very neat vases, too. Get a hole drilled through the bottom and they make a great spot for an airstone :)

A clean bottom is very important :rofl I think Big Al's carries extensions for Aquaclears ;) Try searching ebay for glass paperweights or vases; that's where I got my dolphins and I've seen some very neat vases, too. Get a hole drilled through the bottom and they make a great spot for an airstone :)

Oooh! Thanks for the tips!!!!

I hear girls like boys with large back porches (we just watched The Frog Princess, I've been quoting it all day), but abhor dirty bottom......tanks that is!

I can't wait to get cookin' on the next change!

Oh and I'm looking for intake extenders for my AQ 50's. None of our LFS have them.

As Kathy mentioned Big Al's has AC 50 extensions...and so does petdiscounters.com. That'll get ya fixed up! ;)

Hmmm, a boy's back porch was never the first thing I looked for :rofl

Me either! LOL!!! Here's where my quote comes from, Ray from the movie is my favorite character:

Vague plans. 55-75 gal tank for my goldies which was supposed to have happened in Oct-Nov. Planning for a 55-75 gal and 2-3 goldfish. So that's 1-2 more goldfish then I already have.

Now since I'll probably get a chihuahua, the tank plans are on hold again leaving my goldie in a 40 gal tank.

I hope to get my 180 set up around Christmas or New Years. If I can't...I'll probably have a break down lol since it should have happened at Thanksgiving.

Then I want to get a couple more teles. Definitely a black moor and maybe another panda. And more Ranchus!

My dream? A 175gal long tank with 8 or 9 single tails. Heavily planted with really tall vals and anacharis that grow to the surface and partially shade the tank. Java moss and java fern on tangled-looking driftwood pieces. Black and dark brown find gravel. Cool looking hair algae. Low light, no ferts. How about it does its own water changes too?

Sigh...if only I had the money and time.