Atty's Girls Are Going To Outgrow Him Soon...

dogsbykat

Atticus has remained 4 inches, poor dude's definitely stunted from his 4 years with his original owners. Lily and Penny are quickly catching up in size, at just under 3 inches, plus tail. They're definitely growing quickly in the 72 gal. Hard to believe they were smaller than my pinky finger when I got them in Feb :D Here's some new pics to compare. Thanks for looking :)

019-3.jpg013-4.jpg011-3.jpg

Just to compare, here are the girls when I got them, they were the size of an airstone :D

127.jpg

Lily is the white one, Penny is the orange w/ shorter tail and Atticus is the orange with the longer tail. In the old one of Lily and Penny, Penny was very copper/green. That was how they got their names: Copper Penny and Lily White (cheesy, I know, lol) :) I've had Atty almost a year and he hasn't grown in length, but he has filled out and looks healthier, at least :)

Thanks guys :) Lily's tail is my favorite b/c it's grown so pretty even though she was missing the top part when I got her. Penny is the second fish I've had to completely change color and I just love that, so fun to watch them grow into their "grown up" color, lol :wub:

They are so growing! Atticus better be sure he's using his fine Southern manners with these ladies, or he'll have himself a situation to be certain!!!

I love how you've given these "underdogs" as you say a fabulous place to thrive!

Ha ha, Atty is always a gentleman...Penny on the other hand can be a bit of a, well, you know, at feeding time :doh11:

Your fish look healthy and happy. Lily is my fav :P Are you shure Atticus didn't grow a little bit?

My only girl Godzilla is 'not nice' during feedings. She lives up to her name. :doh11:

:feedme Don't mess with us ladies and our snacks :rofl Atty's length is the same, but he's really filled out; he was very skinny when I got him, now he's a "manly man" :flex:

My fish are rescues as wel. The first months to a year they didn't grow much, they 'filled out'. Good thing though because they looked like swimming bones.

But afterwards they have grown from a little bit to a lot. The little ones have grown the most in the last 3 years. Maybe he needs some time to get a bit bigger. Altough male fish like big girls :rofl