Well Well Well Lookie What I Have Here..

EdgarTheFish

Nono/album.php?aid=304400&id=668329133&l=5e976c5666

Mom 'Honey" and her two girls "Lizzy" and "Dori" and their father "Coco".. I rescued them today from a hoarders place.. I just don't understand some people.. both mom and puppies are anemic due to a flea infestation and mom and dad's nails have grown underneath into her pads of her feet. A good vet visit and a few weeks in foster then to the adoptions it is!! I'll try and get updates as the puppies grow and as the parents heal.

They are so cute. Poor pups. I'm like you, I can't understand these people who claim to love animals and yet keep them in such horrible conditions. I also think you're a superhero for saving these poor pets. :heart

Thanks, sadly the remaining 10 will be left in the hands of animal services and the humane society.. I do not have the resources, time, or emotional ability to handle the dogs previous owner.. it takes ten minutes to get from one side of a room to another in her house.. She called me tonight yelling at me (even though SHE put the animals in my crates into my care) saying I need to give her back her dogs.. I told her that they were not available for return and hung up.. not the best choice but after spending over five hours and only convincing her to give me these four (all of the dogs there are in poor condition and have no shots or vetting).. I just didn't want anything more to do with it..

Thanks everyone! Right now we are just hoping for the pups survival.. loaded with worms and anemic and tons of fleas.. mom keeps rejecting the little blonde puppy unless I force it on her and make her lay still :/ theres probably something wrong with it.. She also has nails grown into her pads of her paws.. all 4 are going to the vet on monday, for now i've given her a dab of flea medicine, two dawn baths, and hope and pray her puppies last another week before they can be de wormed. I've also started them on iron supplements as prescribed by our rescue groups founder. The woman sadly was a distant relation of mine.. as soon as I learned she had an issue and needed help I did what I could.. getting these four (out of 14 total and two pregnant dogs) was hard enough. The rescue group is trying to get a warrant to seize the remaining animals into the no-kill zone..

Fight for the puppies!!! Be my hero!!! Yesss!!!

Sorry- I am passionate about animals that rely on humans to take good care of them AND DON'T.

In my job, I have seen horrid situations with animals and hoarding now seems to be a trend.

Keep up the good work!

Blahhh I feel really bad. We have to check on mom and the puppies every half hour now for two reasons, while bottle feeding the blonde one she inhaled milk!! Now more than ever she needs to stay warm so she doesn't get pneumonia..

Our founder thinks something underlying might be wrong with her though since now mom has started pushing her towards the front of the crate and keeping the brown one warm in the back.. late last night we found the poor thing shivering by the crate door, I think the mother is overwhelmed with two puppies or something. I've added a heating pad under a lot of towels on one side of their crate so if she pushes the baby away from her while we aren't watching it's temperature will stay regulated.. possible reasons are:

we know that both of the puppies are loaded with worms (going to the vet tomorrow to take the father in for his neuter, asking for a safe way to worm them at this age).

Mom has a upper respiratory thing going on, runny nose and goopey eyes.. dad has the same thing, puppies are probably going to get it next.. They were anemic for sure with the amount of fleas on them, so it could be that..

It also could be just because of the poor nutrition they've gotten, we put the mom on high quality puppy food and canned puppy food with water available 24/7 and she seems to even be producing a little more milk AND sleeping better (I think this means her worms are dying finally), so the puppies are only just now getting real nutritional milk from her and are finally going to build up their immune system..

plus it's been extremely cold, and the puppies are constipated from dehydration (this is slowly fixing itself with the extra bottle feedings in addition to moms nursing). Mom will let both of them nurse (as seen below) if we lay her down on the couch and pet her while both puppies nurse..

2zeb6rn.png

I do hope they get better. you are doing a wonderful job! You should check on garlic for the worms - I heard it works really well. :)

Yayyyy, woke up this morning with mama dog nursing BOTH puppies on her own. Dad is at the vet getting neutered/shots/skin graft/nails clipped, and when I pick him up mama is getting her nails clipped too (both of their nails are curled under their paws). While I'm there I'm going to see if they'll have a check on the puppies, make sure they aren't constipated. Hopefully the pups are going to get enough antibodies and have enough good nutrition for survival now.

Such darling little dogs. I'm so glad they are responding to your great care.

Thank you for doing all this.

mj

They're doing great now.. They've been gaining a little over an ounce of weight daily and have started supporting themselves higher on their feet. Kind of like a half-crawl. Honey is producing enough milk for all feedings now and even leaves them to go outside more than once a day now. She looks healthier too, I think between nursing, her worms, and fleas (plus she had her nails clipped so she can actually walk now without pain) she was giving up. Coco (father) went to a foster home with a groomer, so he's going to be with her until his adoption is complete :)

014.jpg

015.jpg

010-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

AWWWWW you have done such a fabulous job with the two little ones!!!!!!!!!!! :#1

They look so precious with their eyes opening! I also love how curly their coats seem! I would adopt one right away if I wasn't so far :(

I love the outside shots too! Fresh air overload! :hi5

AWWWWW you have done such a fabulous job with the two little ones!!!!!!!!!!! :#1

They look so precious with their eyes opening! I also love how curly their coats seem! I would adopt one right away if I wasn't so far :(

I love the outside shots too! Fresh air overload!

:hi5 For sure!!! Honey is so exhausted. It's time to get these guys in a box so she can step away from them instead of being locked in a crate with them now that she's not rejecting the blond puppy. She LOVES being outside, barks and yips and cries when she knows its time to go out. :) And I'm sure we do shipping.. lol.