Happy Birthday Caitie!

Rebecca Hampshire

Oh wow you guys are absolutely the best. :heart Thanks! I had a great day. :)

As most of you know I lost my sweet dog last september and I was convinced I wouldn't get another anytime soon, but my family and friends have been sending me tons of pictures of pups that need a good home. And today they pretty much have me convinced that I need a pup too. So they will probably be getting me a new dog soon. :yeah:

Here a the two rescue pups that I fell in love with:

Mookie - 3 yrs old

Mookie-1-310x280.jpg

or Tipou - 2 yrs old (I would change her name ;) )

TiPou.jpg

If I do finally decide to get a pup I'll be sure and let you guys know. :)

Edited by caitie

Yeah they are so cute, when my friend showed me their picture I just fell in love. I wish I could get both. :heart I have a hard time understanding how people could have abandoned them to a shelter. The second one Tipou (french for little flea) was basically raised in a cage and you need to keep him in one all night and every time you leave her alone otherwise she cries. The shelter people said that since her owner had rarely taken her out we can't take her out for walks during the winter she is too fragile. Poor sweetie. So the shelter people have her trained to do her business in a litter box for now.

Mookie on the other hand is still being evaluated by the shelter so we don't have much info on him yet.

I am really excited for you. But my advice after my long dog search before Sparrow is don't let your tugging heartstrings guide you. You will know when it is the right dog. I knew I wanted to rescue (and thankfully I did), but I also wanted to find the right dog that could be active and still calm in the house. It isn't easy to let a dog pass by with a sad story, but sometimes you have to know that you are choosing the right one for your household and it will come along. That said, they are both adorable and I really think you can help a dog learn a new way to live.

Thanks Amy. Yes I'm a bad one for sad stories. :rolleyes: The little one that lives in his cage would actually be good for us because I live with my elderly parents and having a tiny dog under foot at night might be dangerous. My dad has parkinsons and my mom is slowly losing her eyesight. So the fact that he is crate trained would be useful even if goes against my instinct to keep them locked up even for the night. But since this little guy is more comfortable that way and doesn't know another way then I wouldn't feel so bad.

But I still need to wait and meet them, so far I've only seen them in pictures and I want both my parents to meet with the dogs too before I decide. I remember when we went to the SPCA and saw Max it was instant love for all of us. The whole family knew this was going to be the one, so I'm only going to settle for that again, hopefully it will be one of these two but otherwise we'll just wait for the right one like you said. :)