Questions About Using The Water Changer

joiya

Not sure if this is the right forum, so if it is not, apologies all around ^^o

So, last weekend, I took the plunge and bought an aqueon water changer on amazon and it arrived a few days ago. Now, I was over the moon at first over having the ability to change the tank water every few days. But now I'm wondering, and here is where you lovely people come in to enlighten me :) I'm all for using the lovely water changer to take out dirty water, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to send water into the tank directly [after putting the right amount of water conditioner in the tank]. I've never sent in unaged water to a tank unless it's an emergency [ammonia spike, sick fish, etc], and I do not want to put my babies in any danger because of my laziness.

If it is possible to do so without endangering my fish that would be fantastic - no more dragging 20g buckets of water back and forth for me [dealing with a 55g and 40g tank filled with poop monsters]!!

Anyway guys, merry christmas and can't wait to hear from you!

I put mine directly into the tanks and condition it afterwords,BUT i do not have ph problems or ammonia in my tap water...so that is something you have to consider first,if you usually leave water out to adjust your ph you might want to wait to see what others say first ;)

I would suggest adding Prime before you start to refill your tank with fresh tap water. Use the amount required for the total volume of the tank right before starting your fill. Normally adding the water first is acceptable if your tap water chlorine level is low but personally I don't like adding straight tap water first. The Prime added beforehand would neutralize any added chlorine. ;)

I always fill my tank straight from the tap and never had a problem. I have my water conditioner ready to go in the measuring cup and add it as soon as the tank is filling. I have never aged my water and it would be very unrealistic for me to do so. :)