Some Pics From This Morning And A Few Questions

My questions:

1. What sex do you think Java and the Twins are?

031.jpg

029.jpg

020.jpg

2. the white spot on Javas tail- normal color change or something to be concerned about?

050.jpg

3. the orange in one of the twins tails/dorsal- ammonia burns or part of his/her color?!? I am changing their water today, but curious if I need to buy a third filter.

023.jpg

4.Also (as you can see in the above picture) are the twins ever going to fill out? I can still see their ribs and we feed enough that we have to scoop out the leftovers.. Everyone gets a full tummy..

010.jpg

016.jpg

012.jpg

027.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

052.jpg

051.jpg

050.jpg

043.jpg

036.jpg

034.jpg

The twins look like girls to me, Java like a boy.

I think ammonia burns are black, so the orange spot mentioned by you is most likely color change related.

Goldfish have ribs? oO Some goldfish never fill out, they're naturally slimmer. My black moor is very slim even though she eats good. But her body is shaped more like a common goldfish's.

Hiya Crystal! Java looks like a male to me...the twins look like they're females. Hard to tell with pics but if the vent protrudes then it's female. The streaking in Java's tail looks like a normal color change to me. As mentioned before, ammonia burns are black. If your water parameters are good and you're doing regular water changes then no worries!

They all look GREAT, especially Ava Babe! :yeah: