Our Winter Solstice Tank

Lola_Granola

I don't think I like it too much! LOL But Little B is most pleased. She got to pick out the glass pieces and the plants. I bought an little anubis from the LFS and when I opened it, it was almost dead. (So pricey! WTH?) So it's going back.

Fall2010589.jpg

Fall2010586.jpg

Fall2010563.jpg

Awwww look at little Hermi staring out at you!!! :heart :heart :heart

I love the pot sizes and what you did with the glass tubes.

PS - you sterilized the plants before putting them in right?

Oh I think it is lovely! Maybe I'm just weird but I love the little glass thing to the left that looks like it fell over and spilled the glass gems all over the place. Really, that gives it a very artsy and adventure-y touch. Also to have the colors separated in the other two "pots" is a great idea! Very very nice :)

Great Tank! It looks very artistic.

I'm sure Herman is happy with all the new space.

mj

Thanks everyone!

I think I'll go for something different later. This tank thing looks like it's going to be addictive!

I think there may be too much going on in the tank and Herman doesn't "pop" like I'd like. His white looks rather cream now.

And Federica, I totally forgot to disinfect the plants. Little B was about to lose her mind to get it done....and she can be a real "B" in your bonnet when she's excited. Kicking myself now!

I see what you mean with Herman getting lost in there... Maybe you should replace the clear / white marbles with blue ones?

Not like the dark ones, lighter colored. Like in the second photo on the bottom of the picture, a bit off to the left is a nice light/medium blue marble.

ooh your tank is soo cool ,i love it, its giving me ideas for my bigger tank when i get it.

also i didnt know you had to disifect plants,o dear. how do you go about doing it ,thanks

Seymoura, as best I can tell, Herman is 3 inches from tip to tail.

Fang, I like the way you think! I just might pull the dark blue stones. The only trouble with that is, Little B chose those, and I hate to hurt her little sense of style!

And thank you everyone for your lovely comments. I'm not 100% happy with it, but I'm already plotting for the next change after the new year. Hee hee!