Help

Foodz

HEY i know its been a while but i have a 20 gallon tank now and i need some help!

First of all i had two goldfish but one died from (ich)

the on that survived without treatment seems healty.

I got the super ich cure today and im about to add it to the tank !

Second I have a acua clear 70 on my tank

and i want to know if i should get another filter?

And id soo what kind should i get my local pet store has a tetra ex 70 for 85$

Does anyone know where i can get a cheaper filter online ( website ) an what size i should get?

3rd will my goldfish ( calico fantail) be able to live in that 20 gallon his whole life?

4th how exactly do i use this ich treatment how long and when do i put back the carbon and change water ?

ALL ANSWERS ARE WANTED THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP FROM: A GOLDFISH LOVER!

Please do not use ich treatment in a goldfish tank, it will kill your cycle and may push a sick fish over the edge. I would repost this to the D&D forum and then answer all of the questions at the top of the forum.

HEY i know its been a while but i have a 20 gallon tank now and i need some help!

Does anyone know where i can get a cheaper filter online ( website ) an what size i should get?

3rd will my goldfish ( calico fantail) be able to live in that 20 gallon his whole life?

4th how exactly do i use this ich treatment how long and when do i put back the carbon and change water ?

ALL ANSWERS ARE WANTED THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP FROM: A GOLDFISH LOVER!

Hello, I replied to this question before in your other thread :) Do you think you could post this in diagnosis and discussion? That way we can get you the best help for your fish.

Edited by Haruka

Hello, I replied to this question before in your other thread :) Do you think you could post this in diagnosis and discussion? That way we can get you the best help for your fish.

*moved*

Yes, please do answer all the questions above.

Does your fish actually have ich now? I would suggest you try a salt treatment before resulting to harsh medications. Here are some good links

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8382-salt-and-his-many-uses/

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/60876-using-salt/

ALL ANSWERS ARE WANTED THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP FROM: A GOLDFISH

Hey, that's great you got a 20 gallon tank! That is exactly the size you'll need for a goldfish; and yes, I do believe he can live in it his whole life, as long as it's just him. :D

As far as the ich goes, I would not recommend using harsh medication. I have dealt with ich before, and you really, really need to keep up on those water changes. I, before coming to this site, treated my fish with Jungle's Ick Guard. I also changed 50% of the water daily, vacuuming the gravel to remove the parasites. I believe there is someone here who can tell you how to treat with salt, which will put much less stress on your fish. Also, do not add carbon until the treatment is complete if you decide to use the medication. (I re-dosed the appropriate amount every day after a water change for two weeks to be sure the ich was gone.)

For filtration, you will need a filter that turns 200gph (10x filtration). If you have the Aqua Clear 70 Power Filter, that should do 300gph, which is plenty.

Hope this helped a bit! :D

:goodpost

Yes please do not use any ich medication. It will push a sick fish over the edge and destroy your cycle. How often do you change the water? Please answer all of these questions.

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level?

[*]Nitrite Level?

[*]Nitrate level?

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

[*]Water temperature?

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)?

[*]How often do you change the water and how much?

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size?

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners?

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often?

[*]Any new fish added to the tank?

[*]Any medications added to the tank?

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

You can salt the water to 0.3% to treat for ich and raise the water to 76-78 degrees farenheit. You must salt to 0.3% over a course of 36 hours. To do this you first start with 0.1% which is using 1 rounded teaspoon of aquarium salt per gallon. So for you you would add 20 dissolved teaspoons of aquarium salt to your tank. :) Repeat again in 12 hours, and then once more in another 12 hours. You will have reached 0.3% While your fish have ich make sure you vacuum the gravel thoroughly to get any ich cysts out of the water.

Edited by Haruka