Hp Swab

flutterbudget

disinfect wounds on wens is an interesting subject.

I do mine with common HP of 3% diluted to 10 : 1 so it becomes 0.3% . this is dap on spot with a cotton flux swab but not to get near eyes . it will still be strong enough to burn flesh andturn it white so quickly after the swab fish returns to water.

Right, I knew to only do it once. I just wasn't sure on the dilution. I didn't want to make things worse instead of better.

I'm a little torn now because after waiting a few hours for people to be online so I could ask, it looks maybe a little less red with just the salt. But I'm not completely sure. I just don't want to do the wrong thing and make it worse instead of better. :undecided:

Wait and see is always a good technique.

Also, there is no need to dilute the solution if all you are doing is a swab. Regular 3% (that's the stuff you get OTC in the brown bottle) is a perfectly safe solution to do a swab with. You only need to dilute it if you are doing a bath (which should only be attempted by experienced fanciers).

I have just had a little look at your other thread links about this fish problem.

this wound is "old" and so most likely is not just a wound like a scratch or tear or bite and may require extra follow on to combat whatever is living inside that ulcer. there are manys ways to do this. good way is after the disfinection with hp or other agent like PP , is to sprinkle directly upon the site a powder antibiotic such as 1. citricine , bactrium, or tricide-noe dust. or 2. ( much stronger) short bath of antibiotic of stronger potential. I uses both methods depending upon problem.