Do Fancy Guppies Get Along With Goldfish?

Dawn

Hello, Dawn here, I have been keeping 2 fancy guppies with my goldfish, they don't seem to nip on my fantails' tails nor fins, they get along peacefully, minding their own business as always... if anyone has any, um, warnings or stuff like that, please tell me I will try to do something about it ASAP. :thanks

Yes please keep goldfish with goldfish only and tropicals with tropicals only. They have totally different water and environment requirements and it's best to rehome the guppies. When the goldifsh get bigger they will probably eat them if they can.

• 3 months later...

Had five male fancy guppies that I just removed today from my mixed fancy goldfish tank after watching guppies nip everyone, one little ryukin had spunk to chase them off but they had to go, they are now in my indoor koi pond, they can be kept in unheated tanks with no problem

• 8 months later...

Ive kept guppys with my goldies for Just at 33 yrs....Luckily Ive never had any problems with the goldies eating the guppies ( except their fry I didnt see n time to remove )..or the guppys harrassing the goldies they Have always seemed pretty content together :).. But I do know it is NOT reccomended !! & Just because ive had luck doesnt mean you will.. SO i respectfully agree to keep them seperated,.,. I am thinking on seperating mine aswell.. :)

• Admin

I have had Guppies and goldfish now for many years. Goldfish will eat any fish that can fit in there mouths. So they can and will eat the guppies. The only time I had them together is when I was moving up to OR, there was only so much room. Yes some guppies got eaten in that trip, and while I was trying to get the goldfish tank up and running they lived together for about a week, and yup more guppies were missing...

So the point of this story Goldfish will eat the guppies. :(