Potential Anal Blockage

RobertsKitty

[*]Water temperature? 75

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55 gallons, over a year

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)?Two 55 gallon HOB I THINK topfin brand.

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? Weekly, 50%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 Fancy goldfish (1 veiltail, 2 Ryukin)6", 4", 3"...6 Cory cats between 1 and 2 inches...4 Silver Dollars about 1 inch (SILVER DOLLARS ARE TEMPORARY)

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? Just declorinator

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? Goldfish connection's sinking pellets, once in the morning

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? 2 Silver dollars added 2 days ago

[*]Any medications added to the tank? N/A

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? See Below

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Bloated, potential anal blockage, laying on the bottom of the tank. Pictures below.

Today was the 'fasting' day so I didn't look at the goldfish tank this morning but he was fine as of last night. After 24 hours he looks like this:

Image4.jpg

Upon a full body inspection beside bloated he looks fine. I noticed his vent was fairly inflamed and there looks like there could be a blockage. Opinions?

Image3.jpgImage2.jpgImage1.jpg

The last water change was Saturday. I apologize for the lack of testing. I'm in college and with the season, I have run out of testing liquid and cannot afford to buy more until I get paid again January first.

Edited by Kitty

I see some fraying and the beginning of finrot on her tail. Do you think the silver dollars could have introduced something? They might biting her fins, but if you could take the water into the pet store as flutter suggested that'd help us out a lot.

I wont be able to till Friday. I'd really prefer to have a diagnosis before then. Could it be egg binding. I BELIEVE this goldfish to be female while my other two are male. The silver dollars appear fully healthy. In fact all fish seem fully healthy but this guy.

Also, I dont know if its important or not but my other two goldfish have breeding pimples on their gill covers and this goldfish does not.

She doesn't have any pine-coning and she is not floating.

Edited by Kitty

I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

I'm sorry we couldn't help.

Aw I am so sorry - from the photo I wasn't sure there was much you could do at that point anyway. I am so sorry again for your loss. She was a pretty fish.