Should I Move The Fish?

Kerstin

Hi there,

we're going to have a french door put into the wall where the goldie tank is. It's about 50 inches away from it.

I was thinking of putting the goldies into a rubbermaid with a filter and decorations for the two days the work is going on. (different room)

Do you think they will be ok with that? I was thinking it would be less stressful on them than the banging of the building work right next to them.

Also removing the filter and the fish from my tank could that lead to a cycle bump or should it be ok?

If there's going to be dust and loud noises I would move them. I think it'd be much less stressful on them to move them to a tub in a quiet place like you and and bring their filter along. Make sure the tub is large enough and the filter stays wet so the media won't die. Make sure you do daily water changes on the tub. There might be a slight cycle bump but it should be able to be controlled easily. :) I hope all goes well!

• Supporter

I agree that having them set up in a tub in another room away from all the activity will be less stressful on them in the long run. I think so long as you move the filter from the tank to the tub and watch your water params closely while they are in there, you should be fine :) Just my opinion.... I'd also wait on responses from more seasoned members here to see what they say too!

BTW, very exciting about the french doors! I think they're beautiful and would love to have them whenever my hubby and I get a house (we're renting right now).

Thank you both. Now I only have to find a dog and cat free place to put them. I swear I'm stressing more about my two fish than all my other pets combined. lol

Thanks Amoonklein, I'm looking forward to the french doors, too. We just bought the house in June and fixing it up as we go along. :D